Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1174)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Buttons Happy anniversary to you both, hope you enjoy your Doll & OH his camera.

Well have caught up with relists for us,

Am afraid Nigel Dad is getting worse. so we are at the stage of not quiet happening next. Brought to box files of his papers home & can only find half of what we want, so what fun to come,

So sorry sgt if we don't get much listed this week

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just taking a little break from clearing the lunch debris. As Barney is in the guest room for the day, I had planned to wax and polish the parquet floor. But I have now postponed it til tomorrow, so Barney has an extra night as a guest. Mind you, he doesn't like it. If I forget to shut the door, he is down the stairs in a flash.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning one and all - the snow is trying to come back but more as sleet - yuck And it's cold. Just hope it isn't for too long.

Got a batch of new listings up yesterday as well as doing some postage editing. It's not too bad on lighter items; it's the heavier bulkier items that show a bigger a increase both at home and overseas.

We need something out from the under stairs cupboard - it's right at the back, in the corner..... we'll see Maybe I'll just hoover up instead!

Time for another mug of tea.

Name:  Hobbit_mug.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  19.6 KB

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! Well, I started work at 5, so that by the time OH got up the floor of the sitting room was waxed and polished and the furniture back in place. Barney has also moved to his usual place. He fell down the last 3 treads of the stairs, so he is not a happy bunny. I don't think is injured - apart from his pride. I have done a load of washing and thought about hanging it outside as it was really sunny earlier. But now there are some dark clouds, so the washing will be dried indoors. I have also been to the doc's surgery for a blood test, so I think I will go back to bed for a little snooze. And then editing - I started last night

Mornin' troops. I'm going to have my regulation short back and sides this lunchtime along with some highlights which is long overdue. I was going to go last week but then the snow happened so feeling a bit like a haystack at the moment when the wind blows !

The postage seems to have come down a little Private Mcc2 on the things over 1KG but the real hit is around the 500g mark. Crikey, a 50p increase on a 500g parcel to Australia that's awful !

Had a long email from the Cadet and they haven't got to Perth yet, they spent last week in Melbourne and are at the moment in Adelaide, I can't keep up with them ! He said they are having a fringe festival at the moment with carnivals and light shows so they are having a good time.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I did most of my postage editing yesterday. Most of my items go at £1.01 because of the thickness, embellishments, layering etc and i am trying to put the card size in all the titles. Still got around 300 more to find and do. Am really sore at the moment, a fibro flare up I think so trying not to do too much physical. Even typing hurts
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1174)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pennie please take it easy, Nigel says you have his sympothy. It happens so easy

Well have just managed the relists.

Well we have had an eventfull day, Somers Dad taken into hospital before 8am, was brought back home at 3.30 by ambulance, Oh we went tosort his bed out, it was a mess,He had startedpassing blood in his urien, any way went through sheets to 2 thick mattress toppers & to the electric Blanket, so we went & bought another, & did all the washing 4 loads, & with spraying with stain remover & then washing with Lidls liquid & Vanish we managed it & when they got back Mum couldn't beleived we'd managed it, so was able to re do his bed & then when the carers go in to night they can put at least one of the mattress toppers on, we can't fault the NHS they were very good, Hospital wanted to talk to Nigel to tell him the score & Peters nurse who calls regularly has spoken with Dr he now has a catheter in & its all bloody , & will be for days Nurses will be going in everyday, as You can imagin we are shattered.

While all this was going on one escaped from Nigel.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just read your post Pam - as you say what a day. But why isn't Nigel's Dad being kept in hospital? I realise the bed maybe needed for a more urgent case, but........

Trying to solve a family history conumdrum - my grandfather's cousin went to Rhodesia in about 1905 with her young daughter. It's only due to old photos and postcards that were sent back to her sister in England that we know this. She hot married to Tom and it's surname I'm trying to find! Did they marry before they left England, or in Bulawayo? I shall be posting on various genealogy discussion groups today for help/advice once I've got a basic timeline worked out.

Apart from that, a bit more p&p editing, etc.

Have all a good day.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning. Pam, I hope today will go smoothly. I am grateful now that we ended up caring for only one parent and not both. That was stressful enough. I started editing yesterday. Not sure if I will get it all done before the end of the month. Probably not. I left tea and coffee in the canteen and we had some left-over muffins from Wednesday. They were still very nice. I am out this morning, so see you later

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pam - I hope it's just an infection or something simple.....take good care of yourselves!! A phrase I learned when I came here was, "Old Age doesn't come alone". Too true.

Lately, I've come to realize that chickens make a lot of fertilizer. Good grief.

OH has man flu, or a cold, or is at death's door, or something quite miserable. Cough keeps getting worse, making his head fall off. Finally I went to town before shops closed last night and got some cough suppressant. He's been sleeping since, so that should do him some good.

Just ran across some interesting genealogy in an old book that partially related to an old ancestor. Seems in the late 1600's, he was involved in NY politics, and the guy in charge and HIS SIL got hung. Luckily for me, and many, my ancestors and others were released from prison and escaped being hung then beheaded.

Anyone have tips on how to make a coffee cake taste like coffee? I made a GF cake (sponge), and added about 4 spoons of instant coffee in some hot water to the batter. Cake turned out nicely, but coffee taste is weak. How much does it take? My recipe didn't live up to it's reputation.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information