Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Thank you, Penni. I am sure you'll manage just fine

I am sitting here waiting for george at asda to pick up the pile of crap the charged me £4.95 to deliver on saturday, and also for the place i bought my new web space from to help me sort there very confusing tecchy details out, i have a feeling i will be getting refunded on it.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mornin' troops. Wow I certainly had a trip down memory lane yesterday. I had a very interesting email from the Maritime museum regarding some photocopies of letters, from a naval officer in 1812 during the Napoleonic war in Ceuta, that the old soldier had transcribed and sent to them in 1988. Just the sort of thing my father would have spent hours doing ! They wanted to know what had happened to the original letters. Unfortunately I don't have a clue unless the letters were from someone in our family and might be among my family history stuff.
    The museum had tracked me down from my dad's obituary and then via 'Linked In' and my website so good detective work !

Anyway I went and found my father's diary for 1988 to see if any mention was made but unfortunately not. While I was looking I came across my mother's diary from 1978, the year she died, which I didn't know existed.

I spent all yesterday evening reading about my life from when I was 17, a lot of which I had forgotten or blanked out as it was a very stressful year with my grandmother dying in July, my mother in September and my father in hospital a lot of the time. It certainly was fascinating being taken back to that era, it mentioned my old friends, parties and events I went to, people who visited us and also boyfriends I had forgotten about ! Also our very kind neighbours who gave our family great support at that difficult time. Interesting to see things like me not buying clothes but buying material to make my own skirts and my mother buying old jumpers at jumble sales to unpick and reuse the wool ! A very emotional read and I can't wait to show my brother when he visits this weekend.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sgt just read what you did yesterday certainly sounds as though it was hard but interesting, as for the email they did some good work to trace you, so even if you wanted to hide you couldn't.

Caught up on the relists & popped into YDC's Now time to list a few but hink the garden is calling as well as we have sunshine don't know how long for but nice to see out.

Hope Buttons you have resolved all the problems again.

Hope everyone is ok

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good afternoon. Been to the hospital and am now going to be operated on next week. The CT scan didn't show anything that wasn't expected. Tomorrow I have to be there to do all the paperwork and I expect I'll be told then the day and the hour. Friday I have to go to the Marsden for the MRI scan, Saturday we are having guests come to lunch and Sunday might just be a day of rest. That is my news at the moment. Sarge, you finding your mother's diary makes me think of my own diary from the teenage years. I think destruction is necessary. There are some things recorded, I do not wish my children to know about

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Sarge, you finding your mother's diary makes me think of my own diary from the teenage years. I think destruction is necessary. There are some things recorded, I do not wish my children to know about
    Burnt mine years ago before one of our many house moves - but I did read them again 1st!

Umm, I've had 6 sales this morning to one of my NPB's - she's rejoined and re-bought the NPB item + 5 others - and paid for all of them! Better get listing again......

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Good afternoon. Been to the hospital and am now going to be operated on next week. The CT scan didn't show anything that wasn't expected. Tomorrow I have to be there to do all the paperwork and I expect I'll be told then the day and the hour. Friday I have to go to the Marsden for the MRI scan, Saturday we are having guests come to lunch and Sunday might just be a day of rest. That is my news at the moment. Sarge, you finding your mother's diary makes me think of my own diary from the teenage years. I think destruction is necessary. There are some things recorded, I do not wish my children to know about
    Lol, you should spice up their life a bit and give 'em a shock to see what a wayward mother they had Private Meebo !

Hope they will get you in for the op quickly so you don't have too much time to dwell on it.

Private Mcc2 you are not meant to invite the newbies back again !
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 25th October 2017 at 02:14 PM.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Meebo hope all goes well with the paperwork & the op.

Somer says to tell you let them see the dieary they will see nothing is new

Annie glad your NPB sorted her self out(though don't no how as nothing sales)

We are pulling our hair out with N@S parents, anyway have Somer spoken to the Dr as its really not helping him & they advised he should get the power of Eterney activated so has rung solicitor, don't think Dad will like it.

Oh it does worry one when one can see how it effects people in older life,

Did go & do a bit in the garden after between us we listed 14 & have some ready for tomorrow

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Morning - kettle's on and tea is made. Lots of new bread for toast, and there's even porridge in the cupboard for those that wish + oranges for juicing.

Pam - I know what you mean about elderly parents. The Old Sailor gave me a scare the other day and I really thought 'This is it' but he was much better yesterday - more like himself, but he is getting weaker and less able. Nothing wrong with his mind though

Off to browse the YDC - not so many again which is a shame.

Thread Information