Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Those hackers are such a pain Private Mcc2, I'm sorry you are having so much hastle. I would suggest lobbing a few hand grenades in their direction !

I've just relisted my eleven items from my Dutch non payer Lieutenant Maplegin so I know how you feel. Still it keeps the listing numbers up so of course that is a bonus. (sigh !)

Had a nice drink with the cadet last night at The Quarryman's Arms at Box and watched a lovely sunset over the hills. This is the view from the pub gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I'm not being facetious books, but it depends what you mean by answers? Reasons why support has dropped?
    How to encourage greater participation? How to get previous supporters back? So many factors....

it's summer time?
    some folks are not well?
    etc etc
    I suppose it was a question without any obvious answers. I know how difficult it is to encourage new members to ebid to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Hello folks, not been here for a while. I've just been reading some of the posts on the promote your YDC listings forum page and it is quite depressing. This month we have only had just over 50 items listed from just 13 listers. I know we have lost some of our longtime YDC supporters but this is still a very poor effort. Does anybody out there have any answers?

Nope, the community spirit of the forums seems to have evaporated with the last upgrade Private Books as Astral said in the other thread. Very sad when you think of the entertaining posts we used to get here. The YDC appears to be dying despite Private Hurry's very best efforts. I don't see what she or anybody else can do if there isn't the good will around any more.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Nope, the community spirit of the forums seems to have evaporated with the last upgrade Private Books as Astral said in the other thread. Very sad when you think of the entertaining posts we used to get here. The YDC appears to be dying despite Private Hurry's very best efforts. I don't see what she or anybody else can do if there isn't the good will around any more.
    Hurry has done a great job and has kept a U.S. presence to the YDC. It would be nice if Da Boyz could get more involved they seem to be unable to attract many new buyers at all. I have tried to involve my Facebook friends in taking part in the YDC with no success, there seems to be an aversion to signing up to ebid even to support charities.

Hurry has done a great job and has kept a U.S. presence to the YDC. It would be nice if Da Boyz could get more involved they seem to be unable to attract many new buyers at all. I have tried to involve my Facebook friends in taking part in the YDC with no success, there seems to be an aversion to signing up to ebid even to support charities.

HQ seem unable to make promotional contact with anyone these days.
    I get emails from the 'other side', the 'handcraft' place and the 'river' daily but I haven't seen one recruitment drive from the Generals for months - not even one of their grotty outdated ones !

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I got banned from 2 selling groups after publicising the YDC Facebook posts!

Had a nice drink with the cadet last night at The Quarryman's Arms at Box and watched a lovely sunset over the hills. This is the view from the pub gardens.

Oh that is a lovely view. Wish I were there right now!

HQ seem unable to make promotional contact with anyone these days.
    I get emails from the 'other side', the 'handcraft' place and the 'river' daily but I haven't seen one recruitment drive from the Generals for months - not even one of their grotty outdated ones !
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I do try to keep YDC in the forefront on the forums, but sometimes life gets in the way.

As for HQ support ... it would be great if YDC items had more of a presence on the front page under the Popular tab. I used to see them there the last day of YDC. Now not even then. But why aren't they there from the first bid? Currently on the US site 7 of the 10 items have more than 3 days left to run. Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post

I got banned from 2 selling groups after publicising the YDC Facebook posts!
    What!?! What kind of a group would ban you for trying to publicise charity auctions? Good grief.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    What!?! What kind of a group would ban you for trying to publicise charity auctions? Good grief.
    Groups with far too many rules and considered I was was spamming with the YDC posts.

Thread Information