Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

ATTENNNNSHUN ! Yoohoo I'm back, I know you will all be delighted to see me (snigger !)

Boy am I glad to be out of the sun today and give my swollen ankles a chance to go down ! All went well until yesterday. We picked up the boat at Stourport on Friday afternoon and had a little walk around the town while we were waiting for our friends to arrive and then I managed to do all the five or six small locks to get us out onto the River Severn. It's great, on the Severn itself they have electronic locks with lock keepers so it saved a lot of effort in the heat. We didn't go too far the first day and moored up at a lovely pub at Holt Fleet and had a meal. It was a lovely setting and there was a wedding going on in the grounds too so it was very colourful.

The next day we moored at Worcester and it was most amusing to find that you could buy an ordinary car park ticket for the boat at 4 a day ! We had a walk around Worcester and the cathedral which was very impressive and I loved all the market stalls they had set up in the centre it was a lovely place to visit. We then went on to Upton on Severn for the night and did a good pub crawl around there. One of our friends had a brother that lived nearby so he and his wife joined us for a meal.

The next morning we made an early start at 7.00am to travel back to Stourport before it got too hot and the wildlife along the river was amazing we saw salmon jumping, kingfishers, swans, ducks and other water birds by the score. We stopped at another pub for lunch but had forgotten it was father's day so they were fully booked so we carried on back and moored just outside of Stourport and walked into town - OMG it was HOT !

Anyway after that O/H in his wisdom didn't want to drive home until the evening so decided that we should take a little ride up the river. We went about three or four miles and then I heard a scraping sound. O/H then tried to turn us around and ran us aground on a gravel bank ! So there we were yesterday afternoon stuck in the middle of the river, in the heat, going nowhere !!!
    We tried everything we could think of to no avail. O/H was in the river with a big branch as a lever and we were all pushing with the poles and rocking the boat etc. In the end we had to phone the emergency number and they said we might have to wait until the next day ! A little Russian bloke called Yuri eventually found us after a couple of hours and he dutifully waded into the river and with the other two men managed to free us after about half an hour but it was touch and go and he was muttering things about having to bring in a crane and that O/H shouldn't have brought it that way up the river ! So I'm now very pleased to be back home to say the least.

Just to cap it all I had a bomb in disguise land in my shop this morning ... grrrr who was on guard duty while I got my land legs back ?!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1052)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sgt glad you had some adventures while away, As for Worcester it is lovely my youngst lives in that area & we like the area but as yet its to much now for somer to drive that far. Did you manage a trip to the Worester, musuem its lovely.

Well we went to view the auction yes we will be broke if we get some of the lots but never mind, anyway 1st we got blocked in there car park but everyonewas helpfull & was very impressed with Somer getting out of the tight spot. Then on the way hope we had to turn round & go miles out of our way, because much to Somers horror A Hohn Deere Tractor (His favorite) blew up Black smoke everywhere, some idiot drives trying to get by & ignoring the fact that it was likely to blow & sure enough before we could turn the tyres started blowing there were 2 others that pulled a bit further back it had a waggon on the back full of grass, we moved away before that went up.

Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7568)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! I do believe it is summer. Another warm day and sunshine. Canteen duty done, so tea and coffee are ready and waiting. Got a nice fresh brown loaf too. I am very tired as I was still wide awake after midnight. No idea why I couldn't sleep, as the bedroom was nice and cool with the fan going and I was tired.Just my brain was working overtime. Nothing much planned for today, so may catch up on some of the sleep

Morning - it's going to be another warm one so not going to be doing much either.

I have a USB fan that slots into the side of my PC screen - brilliant for later in the day when the humidity gets too much. And to think I lived in a far hotter climate [Khartoum] over 30 years ago and still wilt!

Sarge - you were a month early to visit Upton-on-Severn as in July they have a fantastic Blues Festival where all the pubs host a band and the main stage is under the bridge. We used to take the caravan there for the weekend.

Take care all and have a good day.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1052)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

No losses & relists for us both done,

Yes another very warm day

Ello troops a tad hot here. I feel sorry for the builders working on the next house but one. They have plastic draped over the scaffolding where the roof has been taken off, it must be sweltering up there, they did start hammering an hour earlier at 8.00am this morning so I think they are hoping to get away earlier !

We didn't get to the museum Lieutenant Maplegin, there wasn't enough time after the cathedral, but maybe we will go back for another visit in the future as it's not too far from Bath.
    It's just as well we didn't arrive at Upton during the blues festival Private Mcc2 as there would have been nowhere to moor the boat !

Name:  IMG_8081.Selfie Fun 2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  77.8 KB

Now as it's hot I suggest a nice day not moving much and doing plenty of listing !

just done a load of relists, still some more to do but will do the rest tomorrow, to be honest i havent really had the oomph to do them over the last week. but seeing as mouth on legs is back thought i had best do some Name:  whistle.gif
Views: 39
Size:  5.7 KB

Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7568)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am glad to hear your are back to normal (sort of)

Humph ... yes she sounds very normal doesn't she Private Meebo ?!

you wanna fight Name:  smile-pursebattle[1].gif
Views: 30
Size:  16.8 KB

Thread Information