Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

We have sunshine instead of thick fog ! Hoping to talk to Australia later via Skype so better make sure my hair is tidy and not still mussed up from sleeping

Enjoy your lunch out, meebo - you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    sarge i got the book on the river for 34p plus postage.

Thank you Private Wicca. I managed to buy two yesterday on the other big book site for a similar price. I'm going to send one to a very dear school friend in Australia who has had mega problems in her life as I think it will help her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    A great book! She has a second book "Beyond Codependency" and several others. John Bradshaw also has some good books - his first was "on The Family". Both authors were a tremendous help getting me through a major melt down back in '89. Not a time I like to revisit but just wanted to offer some encouragement & support for anybody going through depression. You CAN beat it!!

Thank you Private Away that is good to know. I also went through a tough time in 1999 and have struggled with myself ever since so this book has been an eye opener as to some of the reasons why. I shall look up the other chap's books you mentioned too. I also find Ajahn Brahm's talks on YouTube inspirational when I feel low, he always manages to make me smile with his corny jokes !

Private Meebo I'm so, so, glad you are being taken out to dinner instead of running around after everybody, you need to do that more often now and start relaxing a bit. You have done more than your fair share of looking after everybody and it's now time to start looking after you and your needs.

Private Tropical I do remember Fanny & Johnny but Graham Kerr in the Galloping Gourmet was more my era. I probably remember him so well because of the wine slurping !
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 13th November 2016 at 11:15 AM.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Private Tropical I do remember Fanny & Johnny but Graham Kerr in the Galloping Gourmet was more my era. I probably remember him so well because of the wine slurping !
    Wasn't that Keith Floyd?

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Wasn't that Keith Floyd?

I dunno Private Mcc2 I can't remember watching much Keith Floyd ? I just looked up Graham Kerr on Wiki and it says :-

The series was known for its lighthearted humour, tomfoolery and the copious use of clarified butter, cream and fat. A famous line of Kerr's on the show was his response to someone's criticism of his cooking: "Madam, you could go outside and get run over by a bus and just think what you would have missed!" He also liberally featured wine, serving it with most meals, using it in his dishes, and waxing poetic about its virtues. He would also raise a glass of wine to his lips as a cue to the director to cut to commercials, then would bring it back up to his lips right before the show came back on. This gave the impression to some viewers that he was drinking heavily during the taping, though in reality he drank very little.[3]

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks all for the "Beyond Codependency" recommendation .....I have a free kindle reader thingummy on my chromebook so that is next on my reading list.

I had a look at my kindle library and there are books I bought I had forgotten all about.

There are two books by Susan Jeffers there.....'Feel the fear and do it anyway' and a follow up so I have lots of reading to be going along with,

Don't you just love this friendly forum? xxxxx

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Meebo hope you enjoyed going out for a meal, we have just had one out lovely no cooking to do now we are home, We were taking MIL & her sister out for the day but, MIL went down with bad throat so she stayed home just spoke to her & she sounds worse than ever so will go & get her some milk etc tomorrow, & then Somer says we can go & see his Dad without Mum, so we can actually fill him in as he keeps worrying about whats going on. hope he will then give me a little time to go to the card shop.

Sgt I looked & saw the book on the book site think will try & get it if possible before they all go sounds a usefull read. hope the book is helping you.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Thanks all for the "Beyond Codependency" recommendation .....I have a free kindle reader thingummy on my chromebook so that is next on my reading list.

I had a look at my kindle library and there are books I bought I had forgotten all about.

There are two books by Susan Jeffers there.....'Feel the fear and do it anyway' and a follow up so I have lots of reading to be going along with,

Don't you just love this friendly forum? xxxxx
    "Feel the Fear" is a great book too!!

Yes, I did a ton of reading back in those days The books helped me more than all the therapy sessions combined except for a couple of hypnothx sessions I had in order to learn relaxation techniques and some "out of class" sessions I had with a Psych Professor when I was going to college. He taught me about "energy work" and that was very awesome!!

Some years later I made friends with a woman on a Wiccan forum, who later became homeless. I gave her a place to stay for a couple of months until she could get on her feet and in exchange I learned about Chakra balancing and became a Reiki practitioner. I highly recommend both to anyone who is struggling to become a complete and healthy person.

Unfortunately, those things are rather frowned upon in this area so I'm not able to do much to help others in that way. I am not opposed to doctors and medication but from personal experience, they are only good for short term - because they don't rally fix the problem, just mask it and their long term use can have devastating side affects.

SARGE - I'm sorry to hear you've been through the rough times too However, keep "marching on through the muck and the mire" - it is SO worth the trip!!

Y'all have a good day, ya hear!! I'm off to get into listing mode (I hope!)

Shes

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

The meal out was cancelled (my choice) as visitors couldn't make it and I had food in the fridge that was meant for last night which we didn't have in the end. Daughter cooked the veg while I made the sauce and warmed up the meat. Didn't take long and we all enjoyed it. Then I had a siesta. My blood pressure has been really upset by all the goings on - most of the time it is higher than I eve remember and occasionally it plummets to what the medical profession calls normal. Any tips on keeping it low(er)? I am on enough medication that works well as a rule, but not at the moment. I feel I should be doing something constructive, but I find it difficult to settle on anything for long (this is so unlike me). I might just try again to watch something on line, but I usually get fed up with the buffering of the internet. See you all tomorrow

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! Been up since 6, but as OH got up at the same time, I didn't really have an opportunity to report here. Not that there is much to report. It has now stopped raining and the sun is out. In an effort to get my BP down, I decided to brave the treadmill again. We will see what injuries it produces this time. i left tea and coffee in the canteen. The gardener is due today and daughter was volunteered to make lunch. So no cooking for me today

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

good morning! I too have been up since 6 and had the nurse for a fasting bloods. I got there with 10 minutes to spare, only to be told my appointment is tomorrow
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information