Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

we too now buy the skinless and boneless one. However the cat is not happy about it as he used to get all the bits
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Would an ordinary wool winder or cone winder work as a yarn twister to twist lurex into a yarn or twist say three colours together, in other words will a wool winder twist the yarns together to make a proper single yarn, or will it just wind them as three separate strands, has anyone tried. I am asking before I start pulling the house to bits looking for my two.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

If, like me, you hold the yarns in one hand while winding, you can twist it. Otherwise I think the threads will more or less run side by side.
    And now good morning. Well, I am not sure it is. Mil woke me at 3 am. When I went into her room she asked: How did you know I was here? I'm afraid my answer was not given in a kind tone. I did go back to bed, but no more sleep. So at 4 I showered and washed my hair, got dressed and then went to the kitchen. OH was up by then so he gave his mum a cup of tea, had his breakfast while I changed and washed Mil. i will make her wait for her breakfast or she'll be feeling hungry in 3 hours. It's too early for me to eat, so will have mine later with my book propped up on the table to read. I don't think I'll get much done today. And please forgive me, Sarge, if I fall asleep at some point

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - rather windy here in Welsh Wales; the noise kept me awake at some point in the night, so didn't wake up until gone 8.30.

Not much planned for today apart from the Old Sailor coming over for his roast dinner this afternoon. Working my way through this pile of books which I then have to find storage/shelf room for - which I haven't got unless I have another reorganisation of boxes and shelves here in my 'office' ..........

But first another mug of tea.
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 21st December 2014 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks meebo, back to square one then, just thought it may be easier than having spools of lurex rolling all over the floor while I am trying to knit, it was forward planning anyway so will keep my eye out for a used one.
    Dave the painter didn't leave till 8 last night and was back at 9.30 this morning ans as he is working at the end of the hall downstairs on ladders we haven't been able to get into the kitchen to make anything proper to eat since Friday night, Mike had to go to Asda yesterday and buy a cooked chicken and we sat and pulled it apart like cannibals because we were starving.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buttons bet you really enjoyed the chicken.

Have been to the Christmas market, not much there, & then did a quick shop, Lidl had loads of empty spaces, they are waiting for more supplies, certainly plenty of offers.

Time to soon think of starting getting sorted for our Yule meal, makes one wonder where the year has gone.

Hope everyone has a easy & peacefull time

Don't worry Private Meebo I think I will be joining you. The Old Soldier woke the whole household accidentally setting off his emergency bell at 5.00am ! I got back to sleep an hour later but then woke up late so my whole morning has been thrown out of kilter.

Had a lovely evening yesterday. O/H wanted to go to a local pub as a friend of his was playing in a band there but although the band was quite good we thought the locals were quite rude as nobody was taking any notice of them and there was no clapping apart from us ! Anyway we stayed for a while but there was nowhere to sit and it was crowded so we walked to the next pub along the street. In the next place they had someone playing a very out of tune piano and they had printed out Christmas song sheets for everybody. It was great, everybody in the pub was singing at the tops of their voices, now that's what I call Christmas spirit ! The funniest one was "When a Child is Born" where we were all made to hum the introduction and then the piano player put on this totally politically incorrect afro wig and did the Johnny Mathis speaking bit in the middle of the song. Everybody was in stitches, he was so funny !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ6hJNGZ8vg

Feeling a bit more festive now albeit tired !

I did enjoy the chicken Pam and if I don't get something to eat again soon I am going to take a bit out of Mike.

Edited to say I am now having a banana butty.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buttons glad you found something good to eat.
    Hope you caught up on your sleep Sgt, sounds as though in the end you had a good evening sing along.

Just watched the Countryfile program which was all about Bath & its Christmas Market, Sgt did you go there seemed to us (From what we could see) a lot of stalls seem to be selling the same things, Must admitt though they were right the Birds seem to be eating the berries earlier, thought it was only us that had holley with no berries.

Yes I saw Countryfile too Lieutenant Maplegin. No, I try and avoid Bath when the Christmas market is on. I know it's really good for the economy and brings in coach loads of visitors to the city but I find the crowds a real pain when trying to shop ! The local paper says it's worth £26 million and brings in about 370,000 tourists and they are now debating if it should stay open right up to Christmas but I think most people are against it, even the stall holders. Can't say I would fancy standing out in the cold for 11 hours a day for three weeks let alone extending it to four !

Thread Information