Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1174)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Yes blue skies here as well, Have been out the front & between us we have cut the front hedge & somer has taken a branch out, so we now have a garden waste bin full again, we did it before the sun really got there. would really love to go to the coast but thought would not be wise time to travel in this heat & also think there will be plenty of traffic.

Hope Sgt has plenty of sun cream with her, they certainly have choose a good time to do it.

Have done the relists & will try & do some listing

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Started on water tablets last night thinking that since I get up several times during the night for a pee it wouldn't make much of a difference to my sleep interruptions ...then slept right through till 8:20...with not even one trip to the loo.
    The GP wants me to try some ACE inhibitors only I want to run that idea by the cardiologist next month first

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - been waiting for a Skype call from Oz so forgot to report in.

It's going to be another hot one folks - so stay cool if you can.

Off for a cooling shower - already!

All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

the sun was out here in somerset when I walked the dog but since 9 its been overcast but having gone in the garden just now think its just as well sun is not out. Hope everyone is managing to keep cool.

Listed yesterday & am doing some more now.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hot and gloriously sunny here today. Spent the morning at a local wild meadows serving cake and coffee to walkers. Whew...glad there was some shade. But this is just how I wish all summer days were. Home now, and plants watered, so time for an iced tea. Hope your day is wonderful.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - kettle's on and tea is made, etc.

Think it's going to be another hot one; just glad I'm not going anywhere/working.
    Poor OH is suffering badly with his hayfever driving down country lanes between here and Shrewsbury and the heat doesn't help. I'd better dive into the freezer to look for something for dinner that's quick and easy.

All quiet on the listings front

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's later than I thought. Being alone at the moment I thought I get a few things done before I settle down in front of the PC. And now it is almost time for lunch. I am pleased to report than Barney is almost his old self again, though on Friday I didn't think he'd survive the weekend. So we will see if this continues. Time to think what to list for the YDC, maybe a carton full of old books?????? Hope the sarge has had a good time

ATTENNNNSHUN ! Yoohoo I'm back, I know you will all be delighted to see me (snigger !)

Boy am I glad to be out of the sun today and give my swollen ankles a chance to go down ! All went well until yesterday. We picked up the boat at Stourport on Friday afternoon and had a little walk around the town while we were waiting for our friends to arrive and then I managed to do all the five or six small locks to get us out onto the River Severn. It's great, on the Severn itself they have electronic locks with lock keepers so it saved a lot of effort in the heat. We didn't go too far the first day and moored up at a lovely pub at Holt Fleet and had a meal. It was a lovely setting and there was a wedding going on in the grounds too so it was very colourful.

The next day we moored at Worcester and it was most amusing to find that you could buy an ordinary car park ticket for the boat at £4 a day ! We had a walk around Worcester and the cathedral which was very impressive and I loved all the market stalls they had set up in the centre it was a lovely place to visit. We then went on to Upton on Severn for the night and did a good pub crawl around there. One of our friends had a brother that lived nearby so he and his wife joined us for a meal.

The next morning we made an early start at 7.00am to travel back to Stourport before it got too hot and the wildlife along the river was amazing we saw salmon jumping, kingfishers, swans, ducks and other water birds by the score. We stopped at another pub for lunch but had forgotten it was father's day so they were fully booked so we carried on back and moored just outside of Stourport and walked into town - OMG it was HOT !

Anyway after that O/H in his wisdom didn't want to drive home until the evening so decided that we should take a little ride up the river. We went about three or four miles and then I heard a scraping sound. O/H then tried to turn us around and ran us aground on a gravel bank ! So there we were yesterday afternoon stuck in the middle of the river, in the heat, going nowhere !!!
    We tried everything we could think of to no avail. O/H was in the river with a big branch as a lever and we were all pushing with the poles and rocking the boat etc. In the end we had to phone the emergency number and they said we might have to wait until the next day ! A little Russian bloke called Yuri eventually found us after a couple of hours and he dutifully waded into the river and with the other two men managed to free us after about half an hour but it was touch and go and he was muttering things about having to bring in a crane and that O/H shouldn't have brought it that way up the river ! So I'm now very pleased to be back home to say the least.

Just to cap it all I had a bomb in disguise land in my shop this morning ... grrrr who was on guard duty while I got my land legs back ?!

All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sgt glad you had some adventures while away, As for Worcester it is lovely my youngst lives in that area & we like the area but as yet its to much now for somer to drive that far. Did you manage a trip to the Worester, musuem its lovely.

Well we went to view the auction yes we will be broke if we get some of the lots but never mind, anyway 1st we got blocked in there car park but everyonewas helpfull & was very impressed with Somer getting out of the tight spot. Then on the way hope we had to turn round & go miles out of our way, because much to Somers horror A Hohn Deere Tractor (His favorite) blew up Black smoke everywhere, some idiot drives trying to get by & ignoring the fact that it was likely to blow & sure enough before we could turn the tyres started blowing there were 2 others that pulled a bit further back it had a waggon on the back full of grass, we moved away before that went up.

Thread Information