Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Thank you, i have one order to finish and then will concentrate on my new shop, as in putting something in it

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! Have been lying in bed awake since 3.30, but just couldn't face getting out of the warm bed. But had to make an effort a little while ago. So now the tea and coffee are ready. Found a fruit loaf in the freezer last night, so that will be had for breakfast.I think today I will try (again) to make some order in my work room. Maybe this time I will succeed

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - what a day to have the CH boiler serviced!

It's -5c and dropping outside and everywhere is frozen so not too sure how I'm going to get over to see the Old Sailor despite all the gritting that himself and neighbours did yesterday [we have to do it selves using the corner grit bin].

But we're toasty warm with fresh supplies of bread and milk - and wine

A day to sort out my 'office' shelves and more website editing.

Stay safe all.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1174)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all don't know what temperture was over night but cars still covered in frost , though its starting to thaw,

Have just had session of wrapping parcels, have bought lots of little things for Nigels Aunt thus so many to wrap.

Have manged to do the relists,

Keep safe & warm all.

What a morning. The Halifax have now lost my business, I have just closed down my account with them. I wasn't feeling too well this morning so O/H offered to go into town to get some money out for me from my savings account for our holiday. The problem started because he didn't use the machine outside but went into the branch to use an inside machine. He wasn't sure of the amount limit allowed to be withdrawn as it was a savings account and asked an assistant. The assistant promptly confiscated my card despite the fact that he could prove who he was and was really quite rude about it. Why couldn't they just phone me to verify that I had given permission ?! A master criminal wouldn't walk into a branch and ask an assistant questions if he was going to rob your account for heavens sake.

So when he came home I tried to phone them - it took me a whole hour to get through to the Bath branch. I asked if I could write a covering letter and send it down with him to get my card back and they said no. So I then had to go back into town with him (you can imagine what the parking was like with the Christmas market) and then had to wait another half an hour because the cashier said I would have to see the same person that took my card. The poor woman in front of me was waiting and waiting for this person to contact someone at head office on the phone and they weren't answering either ! In the end another assistant dealt with me so I closed my account down giving the reason 'poor service'. When I left the poor woman in front of me was still waiting for them to answer the phone and had sat down in despair. The chap that served me had the gall to say that any other building society had the same right to do what they did so I told them I had never had any trouble with any other branch. I used to get money out for my dad when he was alive with no hassle with a covering letter. I'm fuming, I will never use them again.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Poor sarge. There is something to be said for a joint account. We each have our own 'joint' account and it has proved useful in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Poor sarge. There is something to be said for a joint account. We each have our own 'joint' account and it has proved useful in the past.

Lol, Cadet Huw's response was "
    Probably for the best. I mean they gave a mortgage to topcat... Loan sharks wouldn't give that guy money."

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - thank goodness the snow is slowly melting away and I can see my car again!

Kettle's boiled etc. and there's a new pack of Muesli.

My Danish buyer is back + a new one from Germany - better list some more lace bobbins to fill the gaps.

But first another mug of tea.

Name:  Bruges.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  24.0 KB

Private Mcc2 I shall be expecting plenty of roast potatoes with my Christmas dinner this year, you had better get the potato peeler now !

I've got as far as getting the suitcase out of the cupboard so had better start thinking what to pack.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! I slept til 6.30 - unheard of! Outside it is grey and damp, but if it is actually raining it is very light. I plan to make some bread today as we haven't got any and I don't want to go out to buy some. Tea and coffee are still keeping hot. I will have to get moving though to get the planned things done

Thread Information