Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Thanks for the hot drinks!! Much needed and appreciated! Yeppers - raining here most of the night. Just light rain, but things are quite soaked now, especially the towels and things I had out on the line yesterday!! Well, a second rinse is always good.

Looking forward to YDC!

Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very dull and overcast here - and cool. Quite a change from last few days.

Had to pop out to the PO - again - as another newbie slipped under the wires last night. Pays to go early before the holiday traffic builds up. Hope things improve once we get the new bypass open which is already running a few months late.

Not only am I getting rid of details of previous sales - both paper & email [which were a useful reference point on wrongly re-listed items] - but I think I'm also going to delete my Flickr account which may mean losing a few photos off my FH website/Facebook local history group. More brainache changing links and re-hosting on my own website.

Think I need another mug of tea!

Name:  Dave.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  20.4 KB

Grrrr Private Mcc2 you let a newbie slip into my shop too, couldn't possibly be my fault as I've been so well camouflaged all month ! (Well I've got to find someone to blame !)

Typical the weather has changed as I'm going to the open air last day concert of the Bath festival on Sunday and the forecast is thunder and showers. I just hope Robert Plant, Imelda May and Midge Ure are worth getting wet for !

Why are you getting rid of details of previous sales Private Mcc2 ? I've just put a new privacy policy on my about me page stating that details will be kept for at least 6 years but anyone can contact me if they so wish to have theirs deleted under the new EU laws.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Why are you getting rid of details of previous sales Private Mcc2 ? I've just put a new privacy policy on my about me page stating that details will be kept for at least 6 years but anyone can contact me if they so wish to have theirs deleted under the new EU laws.
    I'm not a business; I'm a private seller and as I read the new regs, not entitled to keep/store such info!. It's an absolute minefield.

Getting rid of paperwork is one thing but I don't like deleting 8-10 years worth of sales emails. I'm a great 'keep just in case' sort of person so maybe not a bad idea to have a clear out - at least of all the early stuff.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1174)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

what a change of weather plenty of rain only good thing is that won't have to water again for a couple of days, bought some gereniums yesterday so probably be a good time to plant them, mind you slugs & snails are around

Sgt does your O>H realise about how to cook on a barbique, hope you don't get lumbered.

Have done relists.

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    what a change of weather plenty of rain only good thing is that won't have to water again for a couple of days, bought some gereniums yesterday so probably be a good time to plant them, mind you slugs & snails are around

Sgt does your O>H realise about how to cook on a barbique, hope you don't get lumbered.

Have done relists.

Lol, well we shall see what burnt offerings we get Lieutenant Maplegin !!! I'm not doing it, it's his tennis club mates and I'm vegetarian - I'll make extra salads just in case and do myself some vegetarian burgers in the oven.

he isn't being let loose with a gas barbecue is he tell him to light the match before he opens the lid, that should sort him he will end up in lands end, literally

Anniemcc2 wrote "I'm not a business; I'm a private seller and as I read the new regs, not entitled to keep/store such info!. It's an absolute minefield.

Getting rid of paperwork is one thing but I don't like deleting 8-10 years worth of sales emails. I'm a great 'keep just in case' sort of person so maybe not a bad idea to have a clear out - at least of all the early stuff."

I think you are worrying too much. I believe that even individuals are required to keep records for six years, especially as these relate to sales. You never know when the Inland Revenue might contact you and get involved even though you may be just selling chattels.

I am not sure exactly what information you are storing, but if just email and postal addresses I can’t see any problem. If private individuals can’t store that information, then everyone needs to delete their email contacts list and destroy their address books.

I cannot see any one worrying about the information you have stored. If any one does contact you just agree to delete any of their details. But then who is going to know you have these details? I suspect no one.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! How is everyone?Outside it is rather grey, though I don't think it is raining - yet. I have an appointment at the doc's this morning, so that will mean a chunk of today gone. I started last night a new patchwork project and would very much like to finish it. It'll mean one box less in the room and maybe it can be sold, I mean listed. Right I will now make tea and coffee and warm up some rolls for breakfast. See you later

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Morning - rather grey and misty here after overnight rain. Feels a bit clammy so hope we're not in line for any thunder storms.

MH has to in for it's MOT today + a cleanup underneath which can only be done over the pit.

Apart from that, no idea what else is on the list but I do have to drop off another packet at the PO

Thread Information