Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by DWalch View Post
    Well for a start, it would be a good idea to have an 'Report Copies/Replicas' option, or something like that, in the Destination drop-down box!
    Quote Originally Posted by AbriiDoniger View Post
    Something like that would be good, especially where suspected pirates are at work. This type of thing could go with a flag system to flag these as a Top priority, to be looked into and banned then reported to the proper authorities.
    As has already been stated, if site users click the "Report This Auction" link (on the left side of every auction) they will see the option to state that the goods are suspected to be fake (recopied media/music) from the drop down list.

Forum Lurker
    View mikeandjane's Feedback (+70)
    All-About mikeandjane
    View mikeandjane's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just had a quick scan and reported about ten, some are blatently obvious. I would hate here to go like eBay, so you have to report yourselves, it will be impossible for eBid staff to keep up. Just keep checking the last few pages of new listings, it may sound mean, but it is only really being fair to the genuine sellers.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DaiGalean
    View DaiGalean's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is really hard to tell these days what is fake and what is not.
    Before I joined today I have watched over the Fiancees' shoulder and to be honest have seen many a DvD that was for sale that really looked questionable.

I found that when looking to purchase a DvD, Vhs, etc use some of the main sites that are Official sellers for thing like that for example: Amazon, PlayCom and so on. If you can find the movie there and you compare it to the item been auctioned. Look for discrepancies such as odd writing on the cover, Missing information.

If you really think it is faked, dodgy or what ever you want to call it CLICK the "Report This Auction"

DG

Forum Lurker
    All-About mikeandjane
    Forum Posts

A bit of encouragement, I reported about 10, 9 have been removed. The 10th is still there, but that is eBids choice, they are the ones that decide in the end, although I would have thought that advertising a completely different business, along with web addy, was not allowed.

Forum Lurker
    All-About mikeandjane
    Forum Posts

Erm Guys when ever someone complains about something on this site there is always people there to put that person down

THIS AINT A MOB people
    your dealing with real people that have real problems so why not try to be decent

Sorry if I missed something, but I don't see anyone putting down OP, in fact we are agreeing with him/her in principle. Maybe the Mob is hiding in here somewhere, but I haven't seen them yet

Forum Lurker
    All-About mikeandjane
    Forum Posts

All the ones that I reported where from sellers of multiples who pretty obviously knew what they where doing, even as far as admitting it in the listing . I see what you are saying, but personally I never look at the one individual listing, just the ones that should know better

I think there is enough information on the television and other news sources now a days that everyone should know, at the very least, about the existence of pirate software/music/films out there, even the teen aged population.
    If you have gone to the trouble of printing an obviously forged cover for the item then you certainly know that what you are doing is wrong.
    I took one film here for a test, went to Amazons UK, US, and Canadian sites. The box size didn't match and neither did the cover art. I then went to Play.com and same thing, no such beast at all.
    What did that tell me? Faked, forgery, someone being naughty.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Fake DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by sellmaster19 View Post
    i know its illegal but seriously why would you complain when you can get it for so much cheaper
    use your brains people
    I have just used my BB list.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Its annoying if the seller is selling fakes as genuine, be ok with me if guy said these are fake 2.00 each at least then you know what you are buying.

Quote Originally Posted by sellmaster19 View Post
    why on earth do all you people go on bout fake dvds
    this safes people hundreds people a month
    you not going get shows from cartoon network ect unless its a copies
    which most of them are very good copies
    like i got whole goosebumps series which you can not buy in shops
    got a copy from someone and the quslity was amazing
    and for such a cheap price
    people make backups of retail versions and save people loads
    instead buying dvd for £10
    can get a backup of retail copies of like £2
    i know its illegal but seriously why would you complain when you can get it for so much cheaper
    use your brains people
    I really, really hope this post is intended as a joke.

If it was, it isn't funny.

If it's not a joke, you are seriously telling us it's OK to break the law?

Every product I buy would be cheaper if I stole it from someone. People spend a lot of money producing these programs. The law says we can make ONE copy for our own use. Selling those copies is a crime.

Thread Information