My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
  • The Film Fanatic in You

The Film Fanatic in You

Movies have never been easier to watch than today. Think back ten years ago, where you had to take a trip to your local video store. You would browse through endless options and genres searching for that perfect movie. Today you can stream anything from Casablanca to The Hunger Games right on your phone. The current movie watching format is almost limitless. Soon enough you’ll be able to pass the time by streaming movies on your wristwatch.

But is that necessarily a good thing?

If you’re a film buff then online streaming can be a blessing, or a curse. There’s no sense of collecting involved in watching films online. An avid movie fan wants to own a hard copy of their favorite film, not just watch it on their phone during lunch. As a fellow movie buff myself, I need the audio commentaries, the deleted scenes and the cast interviews that are only found on the DVDs and hardcopies. I’d be a fool to watch the cinematic brilliance that is Lawrence of Arabia on my phone’s four inch screen rather than popping in my DVD.

As film buffs, we crave something tangible to add to our collection. Any aficionado will be satisfied browsing through eBid and their online outlets. There are more than 20 stores to shop from whether you’re a person just dabbling in film collecting, or a hardcore fanatic. Frank’s DVD Movies’ bargains consist of cult classics like Drive to modern blockbusters to the likes of 21 Jump Street and Divergent. If you’re a film obsessive, than pop over to Origin Comix Movies to browse through rare VHS prints of Day of the Dead and Apocalypse Now. For you diehard fans, Movie Palace offers original studio release movies on DVD. This is especially important to fans of films that have been changed countless times over the years by the studios, or directors (I’m looking at you George Lucas).

DVDs and even VHS tapes are concrete examples to represent a person’s love for movies. Thanks to online streaming these mediums are now becoming collectibles, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Just like music lovers’ rejuvenation of the vinyl record, a VHS or DVD is the chance to own the real deal; the original print in all its cinematic glory. Whatever your filmic interest, (be it old black and white noirs, or cult sci-fi movies) eBid has what it takes to keep the movie collector spirit going.

Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free