eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Rate and Service Changes for USPS Starting Aug 28th

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Upcoming Rate and Service Changes for USPS Starting Aug 28th

The United States Postal Service has announced upcoming changes that may affect sellers who ship with USPS at retail counters. The USPS will update rates for their First-Class Package Service, and will also make slight modifications to their Priority Mail International services. These changes will go into effect on August 28. Read on for specifics on both of these changes and how they may affect your business.

+What are the rate changes?+

The USPS First-Class Package Service rates for packages that weigh 1-3 ounces will increase at USPS retail counters. The USPS retail rate will increase from $2.45 to $2.62

+Who will be impacted?+

The USPS rate changes will impact sellers who:

- Purchase postage at USPS retail counters (sellers who purchase USPS postage online and elsewhere may be impacted as well)

+What else is changing?+

The USPS has also modified their Priority Mail International services. Below are details on these changes:

- Priority Mail International packages sent to any country may now be tracked by sellers and buyers.

- All Priority Mail International services containing merchandise are now insured by USPS against loss, damage, or missing contents up to $200 at no additional charge.

- Sellers can now ship items that are more expensive to buyers via less expensive Priority Mail International shipping services! Specifically, sellers may now mail items valued over $400 with all Priority Mail International services (including Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes), subject to individual country limitations.

- Shippers in the US will now pay return postage fees for undeliverable packages sent via Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes. Previously, when a foreign postal administration returned undeliverable-as-addressed Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes to a U.S. sender, there were no return charges.

For more information regarding any of these updates and others, visit the USPS services update page at about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/welcome.htm

Default Re: Upcoming Rate and Service Changes for USPS Starting Aug 28th

Jewel- help me out here please - it's been a really long day... took a neighbor with ALS to physical therapy and visited a friend just diagnosed with cancer in the hospital. Where in the heck on that page are you finding the increase info?

NEW USPS FIRST-CLASS RATES FOR AUGUST 2016
    The United States Postal Service has proposed a rate increase on First-Class Mail Parcels (FCMP) weighing between 1-3 ounces. These new rates have been approved, and will go into effect on August 28, 2016.
    The new USPS rates are as follows:
    1-3oz First Class Mail Parcel Retail:
    Currently $2.45
    Rate in effect on August 28: $2.62
    1-3oz First Class Package Service via eBay labels:
    Currently $2.45
    Rate in effect on August 28: $2.60
    For more information on this rate increase, please refer to the Notice of Price Adjustment PDF.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff01 View Post
    NEW USPS FIRST-CLASS RATES FOR AUGUST 2016
    The United States Postal Service has proposed a rate increase on First-Class Mail Parcels (FCMP) weighing between 1-3 ounces. These new rates have been approved, and will go into effect on August 28, 2016.
    The new USPS rates are as follows:
    1-3oz First Class Mail Parcel Retail:
    Currently $2.45
    Rate in effect on August 28: $2.62
    1-3oz First Class Package Service via eBay labels:
    Currently $2.45
    Rate in effect on August 28: $2.60
    For more information on this rate increase, please refer to the Notice of Price Adjustment PDF.
    Thank you shortstuff for the update on the increase but I still do not find a link for " Notice of Price Adjustment" on the page Jewel referenced, nor can I search the entire site and come up with anything titled " Notice of Price Adjustment" Do you have a direct link to that? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    Thank you shortstuff for the update on the increase but I still do not find a link for " Notice of Price Adjustment" on the page Jewel referenced, nor can I search the entire site and come up with anything titled " Notice of Price Adjustment" Do you have a direct link to that? Thanks!
    Its not on the USPS website it is on ebay website. the post Jewel referenced is not from USPS website either. As far as I can tell USPS does not have that announcement on their website but the prices are indeed increasing as noted, but only for that one small sub-set - first class parcels of 1 to 3 ounces It's a one-off anomaly that was introduced in the full rate changes early this year and USPS then had to back-track on the 1-3 Oz class for negotiated rate shipping to match counter rate... they have to go through all the process to get any rate changes approved so the re-negotiated 1-3 Oz rate for commercial class shippers was a simple discount in effect until they were able to get the 1-3 Oz counter rate change approved to where it was probably *intended* to be at the start of the year but for some reason slipped through the cracks.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Its not on the USPS website it is on ebay website. the post Jewel referenced is not from USPS website either. As far as I can tell USPS does not have that announcement on their website but the prices are indeed increasing as noted, but only for that one small sub-set - first class parcels of 1 to 3 ounces It's a one-off anomaly that was introduced in the full rate changes early this year and USPS then had to back-track on the 1-3 Oz class for negotiated rate shipping to match counter rate... they have to go through all the process to get any rate changes approved so the re-negotiated 1-3 Oz rate for commercial class shippers was a simple discount in effect until they were able to get the 1-3 Oz counter rate change approved to where it was probably *intended* to be at the start of the year but for some reason slipped through the cracks.

Go to usps.com and scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find links for ON ABOUT.USPS.COM > USPS Service Updates

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I did find this list of prices:

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c037

This is the link that I have pulled off the USPS site...... http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm

It shows everything, you just have to scroll to find exactly what you are looking for. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Thank you Jewel and shortstuff01 - that's what I was looking for and for some reason kept getting sent back to the original page??? I hope they got the info "upstairs" so the calculator gets changed

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hard to keep up sometimes.

Thread Information