My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well done lejoueurdepipeau & Maxinesbookshop

I don't think it has anything to do with your level of French. I have the same problem. It could be because of the sheer size of the task.

How long have you been living in France BTW? Your French is really very good. If you hadn't said anything I would have thought you were native
    Elvire
    Used books on all subjects

Yes, I am French although I live in Bristol. Your French is perfect, I haven't seen anything to correct but I don't know the first thing about beads and jewellery.

I would speculate that the translator(s) eBid employed don't really know either!

The niceties in any category are usually quite 'technical' and really only appreciated by people experienced in that particular field.

I expect (for instance) that categories like 'Glass' will throw up some discussion.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    I would speculate that the translator(s) eBid employed don't really know either!

The niceties in any category are usually quite 'technical' and really only appreciated by people experienced in that particular field.

I expect (for instance) that categories like 'Glass' will throw up some discussion.
    I agree, but when you take on a translation of this amplitude either you do some research or you sub each field to someone who knows his subject. Translations are normally paid by the line (sometimes by the page), so the cost would be the same and the job would have been done properly.
    Elvire
    Used books on all subjects

Thread Information