My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My eBid needs improvements

Can I say welcome to eBid, sometimes folk can be over protective when newcomers start sounding off about what needs to be done. Most of us admit there are things we would like to see, but being a clone of Greedbay isn't one of them. There are some serious glitches that need sorting first.

You may find this thread helpful in getting started on here. http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....d=1#post910744
    Just shout if you need a hand.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Surprise, the world does not revolve around e---! Many businesses are doing perfectly well without any e--- influence at all. Those demanding change to the e----way are fighting a losing battle especially since more of e---'s glaring problems are coming to light. Hardly an example for anyone to follow.

It is a myth that e--- does it better. Rather, it is amazing that this big overloaded ship can still float. Frequently, more features, buttons, policies, restrictions, are added. Site could be frozen with glitches but suddenly a new color scheme, new search system, feedback system etc, appears. Add all the policy changes and after a while even e--- gets confused. i.e. new feedback system measures how fast items ship, while policy allows sellers option of NOT shipping fast. No harm done EXCEPT that sellers get suspended if they scored low in this area! Despite complaints this was never corrected. Maybe ebid should copy this?

We tolerated all this confusion because e---- was the only game in town. Now it is not. Check out the Powersellersunit site, to see daily counts of all auction sites. Mightly e----, which once had 100 MILLON auctions a day, now has 25 MILLON and 0% growth. Combine all other auction sites they total approx. 25 million auctions! The giant is slowly shrinkling.

So why these complaints about ebid and suggestions that it improve itself by using e---- as the model on all the boards? I think I can guess. Ever notice that some people just can not adjust or feel "comfortable" with change? These are the people crying about a hard 'learning curve" when switching from e---- to ebid. Or suggesting changes so ebid will mirror exactly what e---- has (and basically what the asker is familiar or comfortable with).

Frankly, what's to learn? Sending an invoice after a sale? Writing a description to sell an item? Finding place where you can send buyer an email? Are directions impossible to find on ebid? Are these things truely hard to understand if the e--- form is not used?? Considering that e--- has the most confusing mess of rules, features, etc, you would think that coming to a site with clear and simple features would be easier to manage.

My concern is that this negative attitude will be passed on to the new buyers, most of whom are ex-e----ers who are looking for a new home. We can not afford to lose them because their first buy was marked with anti-ebid remakrs from a new seller ("stupid invoice feature does not work").

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MorganProducts View Post
    Thank you Ebid4you and Trina. Without discussion and the willingness to change this site is doomed. I am just making suggestions and offering to help. But if you want to take on the Evil Giant there needs to be some improvements. I have not demanded anything or threatened to leave if I don't get it.

And me telling someone to get a grip after they told me to get off the site is hardly rude. I know you were doing OK.... but is OK where you want to be? Is it where you want to stay? If it is then maybe your right I should leave as I want to be with an organization that wants to be the best. For its sellers and buyers. So if your good with OK knock yourself out but if this site is only good with OK then give me back my money and I will move on.
    Mogan the site as improved a lot from when I started on the site & is continung to improve..

I can understand some posters not wanting ebid to become another greedbay site & I agree that would be a bad thing, ebid is amaller & does not have the revenue greedbay as to promote the site, but ebid is advertised as an alternative so sellers will want to be able to have a selling site that suits them, so yes we will need to do a lot of self promoting to get our items sold. may not get some improvements implemented as quickly as we want.

But I do think that all posters / sellers new or longstanding should be able to suggest improvements without being told to move on if you dont like the site. It would be up to the ebid guys to implement or not any suggestions that have been offered.

Dont let the odd poster put you off ebid.
    As I stated earlier ebid is improving daily.
    Will get better over time..
    Use greedbay in the meantime if it is still viable for you until you get yourself established here.

Any business needs to stay ahead of the competition to be successful in the market place. One of the ways to do that is to keep an eye on what the competition are doing. You see what they are doing right and where relevant find a way to bring that on board if you are not doing it already. You also see what they are doing wrong and make sure that you do not do that. In this context, it should be OK to make references here to other auction sites but we should be able to do that without all the emotiveness about other sites which creeps in. It is not relevant to the debate and is a waste of energy. People might be interested to know that I have tried to introduce some of my customers from elsewhere to eBid. After having had a good look at the site they made a number of observations about coming here to buy for the future. One was to flag up that the comments in some of the Forum postings about other auction sites is a real turn-off. EBid is a site that exists in its own right and with its own positive identity and with its own positive culture so I think that we need to focus on that and be able to identify objectively areas for future development so it can stay ahead of the competition without letting previous experiences with other auction sites cloud the debate or the eBid image.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    .....One was to flag up that the comments in some of the Forum postings about other auction sites is a real turn-off. EBid is a site that exists in its own right and with its own positive identity and with its own positive culture so I think that we need to focus on that and be able to identify objectively areas for future development so it can stay ahead of the competition without letting previous experiences with other auction sites cloud the debate or the eBid image.
    Many people here agree with you on this one, not least because many people sell on the other sites, too. I very much agree with you that eBid has (and needs to have, in my opinion) its own identity and culture.

Thread Information