Thread: Listing "nearly duplicate"

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Listing "nearly duplicate"

I am fully in favour of not having duplicate listings which buyers have to scroll thru' ad nauseum, but I notice that sellers of, say, envelopes, will have dozens of listings, whole pages sometimes, of the same thing but in different quantities, i.e. 5, 10, 15, etc. Would it be feasible for a type of listing where the buyer could be presented with one listing which then includes quantities and prices? This way the buyer would also see that it is often cheaper per item to buy bigger quantities. A simple table could include the number available. If this could be arranged, the same may be done for colours? Just a thought!

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's a great idea, in theory (and would save me a lot of work) but I think it would lose sales for those that employed it.

The problem would be educating buyers. I just don't see the majority of buyers going through the descriptions of all the sellers to find out a) if they do the quantity required and b) the best deal.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I like the idea too, but also don't see how it would actually work... what quantity and price would you show on the search list? How would buyers know that further savings could be made if they dug deeper into the listing? Or if you started at the lower price, they'd get hacked off instantly they saw that they actually needed to pay more because they didn't want the highest quantity.

It works for big retail sites where it's what they do - like stationery sellers or similar - because they can show the different qty/price-per across the page, but that wouldn't fit with the rest of ebid's formula.

But if anybody's got a solution.... ?

Thread Information