My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Link to Bulk Upload Format Instructions for Printer

Default Link to Bulk Upload Format Instructions for Printer

It would be nice if there was a link to a printer friendly format/instruction sheet. The version visible when loading the spreadsheet displays as 35 pages and is un-useable. Am I missing something? Be nice to me - this is my first day and 8th hour roaming around the site.

Some things are not totally intuitive but I am catching on to the patterns and adapting. The Contact Us disclaimers seem a bit rude, but I took a chance to ask there first. I've never seen a site that wants to grow present such a negative sounding introduction to their Contact Us door. I just hope I don't see eBay's "I'm sorry for your inconvenience..." line crossing my screen. They might as well say "Sorry about your problem. Here's a quarter - ask someone who cares".

So now I'm a needle posting a thread. It's late, I'm tired, and I'm really very easy to get along with and look forward to driving another nail in eBay's coffin.
    John

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I haven't read the contact us stuff in a long time, but I'll take your word for it that they haven't been very tactful. Certainly they need to pay attention to details like that, people are hard to tempt in, and easy to put off.

To reassure you to some extent, when you do speak to support via the contact form or email, you actually get to deal with a real human being, not some feebaylike automated droid. You get an auto-response with a ticket number, just to confirm it's been received - but then the answer you get comes from a real person.

Hi John and welcome to eBid grab yourself a read of this thread to help you get started on here. http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....d=1#post910744
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zntraindepot View Post
    It would be nice if there was a link to a printer friendly format/instruction sheet. The version visible when loading the spreadsheet displays as 35 pages and is un-useable. Am I missing something? Be nice to me - this is my first day and 8th hour roaming around the site.

Some things are not totally intuitive but I am catching on to the patterns and adapting. The Contact Us disclaimers seem a bit rude, but I took a chance to ask there first. I've never seen a site that wants to grow present such a negative sounding introduction to their Contact Us door. I just hope I don't see eBay's "I'm sorry for your inconvenience..." line crossing my screen. They might as well say "Sorry about your problem. Here's a quarter - ask someone who cares".

So now I'm a needle posting a thread. It's late, I'm tired, and I'm really very easy to get along with and look forward to driving another nail in eBay's coffin.
    John

If you want to use another bulk uploader try this http://www.ebidinfo.com/lister/. It may be easier

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Hi John and welcome to eBid grab yourself a read of this thread to help you get started on here. http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....d=1#post910744
    Thanks for that link, it is very helpful. And, bykimbo, you FAQ is quite helpful, too. One of these days I will quit lurking and start listing, especially since the bids are now showing.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bah! Ken got a "very" and I only got a "quite", I'm going to sulk now!

Seriously, thanks, glad you found it of use. Get listing... you know you want to really!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zntraindepot View Post
    The Contact Us disclaimers seem a bit rude...
    Which part?

Due to the enormous workload and time gaps involved with dealing with email support, please be warned that if your request is for a query that is already covered within our FAQ pages or Community Forums your ticket will be placed to the back of the queue to allow us to tend to customers that have problems that cannot be sorted out via our FAQ pages.
    or...

98% of the support emails we receive can be answered by reading the eBid Support Forums or our FAQ Pages. For this reason we will not reply to any emails that are already answered within our Forums or FAQ. Please read our Forums and FAQ pages first before sending us a message using the form at the bottom of the page.
    I wouldn't say either were 'rude'. The first simply states how queries that have been answered elsewhere will be handled.

The second rather contradicts the first as it says they will not be handled at all but, again, I would not class it as rude.

How would you phrase it to clearly say the same thing? If it is good eBid may adopt it.

Thread Information