eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How much would you pay for a paperback book?

The highest I ever got was £120 on Amazon for a rather tatty old paperback by Robert Elford. The middle one of the Devil's Guard trilogy. I've never got over someone willing to pay that much for a paperback. The whole trilogy are expensive, I also had the first one and thought I was doing well to get £34 for that one.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    The highest I ever got was £120 on Amazon for a rather tatty old paperback by Robert Elford. The middle one of the Devil's Guard trilogy. I've never got over someone willing to pay that much for a paperback. The whole trilogy are expensive, I also had the first one and thought I was doing well to get £34 for that one.
    In my dreams I stumble upon a cache of Elford at the local charity shop. I always look, but far from a cache I've never found a single copy so far.

#59 - smiffy - I don't think there's any likelyhood of them selling before Christmas!

I disagree about the 'old biddies' post - I used to sell a lot of 'women's romances' on t'other place,(at higher prices than here too) - I rarely sell any from Mills & Boon, but the majority I have are 'read once' quality and are my own personal posessions (ie not bought specifically for resale.)
    I have read everything before I let it go - some I keep and some I sell - I know there are a lot of people out there that LOVE romances, and don't know why some people are so scathing about them!

One factor in my 'non-sales' is that most of the older people who like them don't have internet access, so obviously dont see what I've got! LOL
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

More of the grey brigade are starting to use the internet, just need to get them here before they get embroiled in Greedbay
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Go on then, spill the beans, what was it?

Sorry to leave you in suspense.

I went to bed early.

The £32.50 paperback - DREAMS by Peter Reich

Good hunting, Steven

Press and check me out?

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

For modern paperbacks I tend to pay between £2.00 - £5.00 depending on what they are - (If it's something I really want.) I buy quite a lot in charity shops for the £1.00 - £2.50 price range, but will only pick them up if they are in Excellent or better condition.

For my 1950's Pulp / Juvenile Delinquency books - I've spent anywhere between £10 - £45.....

(The £45 one was a lucky find, as elsewhere I could only find it from £75 up to £120)

My days of buying books or record from America are over for the time being though, as the exchange rate is close to 1:1, and I was used to buying at almost 2:1 - Effectively that has doubled the price of pulp fiction books imported from USA!

- My mistake - Looks like the rate is still around the 1.5 mark. I must have looked up the wrong table on Tuesday.
    Last edited by CrazyJay; 18th December 2008 at 10:50 AM.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I pay £2.76 on 'the big river' and £3.75 on 'the green site' - I go for whoever is selling it cheapest once I've checked their feedback.
    i listed on green site sold nowt got a bit bored with checking lol think theres still some books on there can`t be bothered to log in

Thread Information