Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GreedBay is not deleting threads with eBid anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dawnt32chris View Post
    My items have certainly created some interest and have had 3 potential buyers ask about largish amounts 10 - 20 and have told them to come to my store here at ebid. Unfortunatly no sales yet from it, so don't know if they've even bothered. Some people just don't like change ( I've got a lot of watchers so will probably sell them and when i do i will deffo be adding ebid flyers to each and every order lol!!!

The bit I've highlighted is the biggest problem I feel. I've been e-mailing my regular and previous customers, sending out flyers, etc, but so far, no bids. A couple of previous buyers ordered some stuff, but didn't register here. No time, too busy etc, etc. Just have to keep plugging away at them.

#8 - I've ground to a halt as well - not had a sale for 2 weeks - but determined not to go back to feebay.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Still got to do your own advertising on top!

I've mentioned eBid loads in eBay forums haha. They kept deleting my posts when I posted price comparissons of what eBay stole from my profits compared to what eBid doesn't! eBay didn't like the bad press, hurt their little feelings, while they destroyed my business on eBay with Saddam Hussein regime policies and limiting my presence in search results etc and price increase. So eBay doesn't like people doing damage to their business but it's ok for them to damage mine?

A lot of sellers on eBay will learn the hard way. They're loss at the end of the day. And a big loss it will be too haha. They list items on eBay, relying on eBay advertising. Sorry, eBay doesn't advertise you, it advertises them and the items available, they don't say go buy this item from this shop! When you trade on eBay, you do so at your own risk, the buyer is protected in Fort Knox, while the seller is hung, drawn and quarted and bled dry!

Still, people list on eBay, expect to benefit from eBay advertising, which you don't, especially when there's 250 other people selling the same things as you. And then they wonder why sales are so bad. It's because you don't do the smart thing and drive traffic to your shop through advertising on other websites. But, when you have eBay fees to pay, who can afford to advertise?

eBay don't want you advertising your websites, so they demanded you change your usernames to one that doesn't include a web address. It won't be long until they forbid you advertising your website in the listing intself. Because, if people are visting your eBay shop, see you have a website, they go check it out, and end up buying from there instead of via eBay, so eBay makes no money from the sale. So, they are forcing sellers to abide my dictatorship regime laws, so they can keep you under their thumb and steal your profts from you.

On top of that, buyers can mess a sellers around, and get away with it! Leave you negative feedback when you've done nothing wrong, and they get away with it. They win an auction or use buy it now to buy something, then they don't pay you, yet you can't leave them negative feedback! Oh, no, no, no eBay, this is not how things are done. I have the right, given to me under the act of Freedom of Speech to warn other sellers of potential buyers who are dishonest and waste your time and cost you money.

Still, what a lot of people need to learn about selling online, via acution sites anyway, is, you can not rely on the advertising the actual site does when you have x amount of competition on the same site. You need to do your own advertising. Placing banners on websites associated with your items. Like for myself, I sell action figures, Star Wars being the better sellers, so I'm about to embark on banner adertising on Star Wars fan and collector sites to drive traffic to my eBid store.

Granted, once here, they are free to check out my competitors, but, my competitors, are selling the same items as me for more than what I am, and they charge more for postage on top than what I do, and I use brand new pakcaging materials to comply with health and safety laws, as I do not know who my customers are and what allergies they may have to various food ingrediants and household cleaning products, which these are the boxes often used by my competitors! but still, over all, I'm cheaper than the majority of my competitors. My competitors on eBay are selling at huge losses, making no profit, yes, they are getting the sales, but, in all fairness, they're not even breaking even now! So they're selling at a loss. And still, when people do ocme to my eBid store, I know they'll check out my competitors, but they'll see over all that I am cheaper in both product in most cases and cheaper in shipping costs 99% of the time.

And now I'm not paying eBay fees, and selling 5 items in three months, that's how bad things got on eBay with them restricting my presence in search results etc, I can now afford to place some banners on various websites to drive some traffic here and hoepfully see an increase in sales, expecially in the run up to Christmas.

So people, make sure you do your own advertising on top of everything else. No point listing items, not advertising, relying on the site itself to advertise and expecting everything to sell. Doesn't quite work like that. So get quotes for banner advertising. Set yourself a budget based on those quotes. Advertise at the times of year that are the most busiest for you, make the money then at those times of year, so the profit is there to cover you during your quiet periods, and you advertise less during those quiet periods on top as there's no use spending good money on advertising during what you know will be a quiet period anyway because of it being vacation season etc. For me, no point advertising during vacation season, everyone is saving their money for it. but at the same time, I will still keep a couple of advertising banners going anyway because people buy toys as gifts for kids. then Christmas, I max out on adveritising, making sure my advertising budget for the Christmas period is a bit more. After all, no one will know you are on eBid unless you advertise, and those of you still on eBay, you may not be able to afford it with sales few and far between, and you can't rely solely on placing fliers in with your customers orders. Yes, they'll come back to you on eBid, but at the same time, you're not drumming up new business, you're relying on reoccurring business from x amount of people, so banner advertising, on site related to what you sell, will bring in new custom. And banner advertising is cheaper than you think as well on other sites. So it's worth doing it if you can afford, as after all, if you had your own website, you'd have to do that anyway!

Darth Reaper,
    Darth Reapers Realm

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oooer ....... I don't think you've noticed yet darth_reaper (bit of a grim name ), but we try NOT to mention that other auction site by name here 'cos it's picked up by Google ....... and you've given them a good few mentions in your message (albeit with negative comments) ...... well, a lot, actually

Welcom to eBid ..... and good luck !

e

Remember to offer you buyers (previous customers) a bonus or dicount on there first purchase over here on eBid. This should hopefully motivate them to go through the hassle of finding their way around a new auction site as well as signing up. Just a thought.

Cheers,
    Heather
    This, That, and More
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/This-That-and-More

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hehe, I have only negative things to say about eB*y lol. I would say it with flowers and send them a wreath for the grave they've dug for themselves lol! But I'd never get it all on card lol! It takes a lot of effort to refer to eB*y as I like to: eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay lol! All that copy and paste lol!

Hmmm, trouble is, some sellers have stayed with eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay while setting up elsewhere as well, paying the increased fees and paying for another site too, to keep a presence on eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay and divert traffic to their shops elsewhere.

I did think about listing only one item per month on eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay, to keep a presence and divert traffic to my shop on eBid, but it was the principal for me, I refuse to pay hiked up fees while I see my sales get further and farther between while they take a bigger slice on my very slim profit margins and strip me of government given rights to protect my business and it's reputation from dishonest and bad buyers who leave negative/neutral feedback out of spite because you've had to send them payment warnings etc.

And it's not like eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay gave sellers enough warning that fees would be going up. Only like a month, so eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay knew sellers would stay and keep it going while setting up elsewhere. They're evil!

I'm going to be doing some banner advertising soon, something I couldn't afford to before with paying eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay. So hopefully that will bring some extra traffic if I target the popular sites where collectors go the most which are associated with my products.

I've even thought about doing a leaflet campaign with Royal Mail, but can't quite afford that at the moment so might just stick with getting a couple of banners up on a couple of the main sites collectors of the products I sell go to. After all, they will check out the link even if it's just to compare prices with somewhere they normally shop and hopefully find I'm cheaper and offer better customer service on top.

It's harding starting online from scratch again but it's got to be done. It's either that or stay on eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay and watch my profit go into eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay pocket instead of back into my business for new stock.

Going to offer some deals in the run up to Christmas as well, that will hopefully temp some buyers across from eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay, because none of my competitors on eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay would ever offer the kind of deals I'll be doing. Mainly because they can't afford to now that have an increase in fees to pay while their sales go down faster than a sinking ship.. Haha.. But they just wouldn't it anyway because most of my competitors on eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay are as greedy as eBend-you-over-and-shaft-you-bay..

I'm always open to new strategies/promotions/advertising ideas etc.
    Last edited by darth_reaper; 16th November 2008 at 12:57 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

I feel the same about eByoasy-bay as you do, but that's no reason to cut your nose off to spite your face. As a sensible businessman surely you have to use the situation to your advantage. If that means giving the bastards a small number of auctions so you can keep a presence and make your customers aware of better places, heck, why not?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View flumpy's Feedback (+6)
    All-About flumpy
    View flumpy's Listings
    Forum Posts

thinking of closing my ebay shop and upgrading on ebid to open one on here. but as a newbie on here just looking into it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by flumpy View Post
    thinking of closing my ebay shop and upgrading on ebid to open one on here. but as a newbie on here just looking into it at the moment.
    Welcome Flumpy! I'm sure you'll get lots of advice and help in the forums here, they're v different from the e*ay ones where people as often as not seem to be quite negative.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flumpy View Post
    Welcome to the Friendliest Online Auction Site On Earth!
    Just had a quick look at your items,had to laugh at the description of your first one!
    "
    based on a true story this is the unseen version.
    only watched once"

Thread Information