Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Just another bug (Why do they LIKE me so much?)

Question Just another bug (Why do they LIKE me so much?)

Nothing serious, actually just a little odd.. made me go "Huh? WTH?"

Went to MyEbid, clicked on Won(5) tab - since I had 5 auctions won, thinking I would go in and leave feedback on a couple people Ive been enjoying chatting with here in forums, bought a couple items, havent got them yet but gonna leave Positive feedback anyway, since I firmly believe items will be exactly what I expected and will arrive in reasonable time.. (I do that sometimes, when I'm really confident in seller)

Anyhow.. guess what? I only show FOUR auctions in my Won items list (and have not left anyone feedback yet). I seem to be missing one auction somehow from there. Went also to my Feedback Duty (4) tab. another oddity- all the auctions there show I Fr in red- as in no feedback received yet (that is also incorrect!) So, I go to My Feedback, showing I have 4 + Positive feedback from others.. (correctly) and I have left no feedback for anyone yet (also correctly, Im the buyer in all 5, havent gotten items yet, not expecting to til next week)

So.. Bug #1 - WHERE, oh WHERE, did my little auction go? Where, oh where can it be? and how am I to leave feedback for it, if it isnt there?
    (Note: I will be Emailing support with auction ID in question to find out about it.. no worries)

and Bug #2 Why is it that in my Feedback Duty page, ALL 4 auctions (INCORRECTLY) say no one has left me feedback no the auctions yet (the Fr button is still red, not green.. I should see 5 auctions, of which 4 have already left feedback, so should see 4 green Fr's and 1 red one)

Again, not a huge deal, not a deal breaking thing, but probably should be looked at as well - since Feedback is pretty important especially for sellers..

Posted here so anyone else that finds that issue may also find this post and add to it... Might be one someone already posted somewhere, but I didnt find it yet..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Was the missing one a dutch auction? ( and does it still have time to run?) there's something a bit more complicated about Dutch auctions when it comes to feedback!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the missing one is probably my key ring auction which was a multi-item BIN, and has been pulled by Da Management for reasons unknown (see promotional items thread). Weirdness is afoot!

Oh, and I thought I'd already left feedback for that, since I do so when the customer pays... but as it's vanished off the face of the earth I can't check!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Checking on this also. May we ask you leave this in its currents state until tomorrow to allow us to see the inaccuracies.

Thanks
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

OK.. /me sits in corner with pudding pie not gonna touch any buttons til its all clear
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

The auction was put back at my request this morning, so that might already have changed things. Sorry if so, I'd have waited if I'd known.

Yep- noticed it is back where it is, but shouldn't be hard to duplicate - just temporarily remove an auction somewhere and have a peek.. everything else you look at seems to say "there's 5 auctions" but when going to actually look at the list, only shows 4 ..

just one of those odd bugs that probably no one will ever notice til an auction is removed or some such incident..

I never would have even realized it if it wasn't for that mis-match...

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I've gone to leave feedback for sellers, it does not show that they have left feedback for me (in that section only) although they have. Some of the My eBid drop downs just don't stay current. Q & A for example does not update the number of questions or change when they are answered. The only become accurate again once you manually delete a question.

Thread Information