Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I make a 2nd chance offer?????

Forum Lurker
    View thorpepie's Feedback (+107)
    All-About thorpepie
    View thorpepie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How do I make a 2nd chance offer?????

if you can sell on ebid w/ a validated credit card you can start any mind of auction (i think)

Gildersome, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View pesky33's Feedback (+2325)
    All-About pesky33
    View pesky33's Listings
    Forum Posts

does the user name show up on the closed page? what about a PM? i know not everyone checks them, but it might be an idea until a 2nd chance thing is introduced (sorry, i didn't realise the email of the second bidder didn't show up, teach me to keep me gob shut!! :wink: )

Quote Originally Posted by pesky33
    does the user name show up on the closed page? what about a PM? i know not everyone checks them, but it might be an idea until a 2nd chance thing is introduced (sorry, i didn't realise the email of the second bidder didn't show up, teach me to keep me gob shut!! :wink: )
    The relevant auction is http://sumo.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/...543360-57006-0
    and the bidder in question is jjazza.

How do I send a PM to jjazza? I know how to send a PM to someone who posts in the forums -- use search to find one of their posts, hit PM. But what about the 99.9% of users who don't use the forums? I seem to be missing something.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Lurker
    View f3speech's Feedback (+1703)
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pesky33
    personally think that as listing is free, it would be easier to list it again, and tell the second bidder about the auction.
    and IMO i don't want to see EVERY feature from ebay brought over here, as won't people just think this is a cheaper version of that site?
    hmmm, yeah, I think you're right if the listing WAS free. My last happy hour auction was won by geminiprojects... remember them? They came on the forums to say that they weren't able to buy and sell on here anymore coz they were skint and they appologised to all. Well, because they couldn't afford to pay for their items (which was fair enough I suppose) then it left me £4 out of pocket coz I couldn't offer it to the next bidder down. Was a bit annoyed at the time.

Maybe it could be something that is introduced for 'paying' auctions if not throughout. At the moment you could offer an item to the next dude down, but there would be no fb for them and it isn't strictly legit to do so anyway. I think Ebay did it coz ppl were dodging fees by offering items to those who bid.

Pesky, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to your private mail, I've cracked it. Here's how, for anyone else faced with this:

Click on PM in any forum message. Doesn't need to be the person you want to contact. That takes you into the form to compose a message. Now overwrite the name of the person you're sending to!. It's as simple as that, the person doesn't need to have ever posted in the forums to receive a PM.

So, thanks to that, I've contacted my bidder, successfully offered a 2nd chance and made a sale!

Of course, I still think G&M need to register on eBay, run a few auctions and discover just how simple things like 2nd chance offers could be with the right design. Reposting the item won't necessarily get the same bidder, they might not be looking in the right category at the right time.

Equally, I think eBay could learn from eBid. I love the feedback displays here, the way you can see the kind of auctions the feedback refers to, without having to click on lots of links. That's important if you're thinking of buying a high-priced item -- a seller might have lots of good feedback, but if it's all been acquired by selling 99p items you might be more wary if they're suddenly selling a 1,999 quid gizmo.

Anyhow, thanks again Pesky!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information