My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Bid Retraction

Default Bid Retraction

I think it would be a good idea if buyers had the option to retract bids... it may help with the NPB problem some of us have been having... if they can retract there bids at least the honest mistakes can be stopped from goin all the way to the neg feedback stage and wasting a lot of time and causing hassle for all concerned

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bid Retraction

I think this will be an option we will be adding, we've had a bit of thought about it and although we have our blackball method, this doesnt allow for bids already made to be retracted.

Can anyone seee any bad points that may arise with this facility?

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

only as far as shilling is concerned, upping the bids then withdrawing your final one at the last minute, perhaps there should be section where you have to submit a reason/explanation of why you are retracting.
    Glass animals, Hagen Renaker, Lomonosov

Check my website for brand new glass figurines

or maybe stopping bids from being retracted 1 hour before the auction closes.... that way shilling won't really work.... although if they boost up your bid and then retract would your bid go back down to before they bid?

Sophia

I agree, stopping retractions one hour before bidding closes is a good idea. there are a few new bidders who have posted on the forums worried because they entered in a wrong amount in the thousands by mistake.. this would stop that from happening. If someone changed their mind about buying an item at least there is not the long wait to see if they will pay then three weeks later having to relist. It would save a lot of time & unneccessary worry..

I agree as I to have had a bidder retract a couple of days before the end.
    On the other side you do have the oportunity to retract but it shows on your stats.
    Talking about shilling there are some very strange bids going on in the happy hour or is it just me?

Forum Lurker
    View illudius's Feedback (+1324)
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dulwich-herbs
    or maybe stopping bids from being retracted 1 hour before the auction closes.... that way shilling won't really work.... although if they boost up your bid and then retract would your bid go back down to before they bid?

Sophia
    I don't think the timing thing would make much difference. Being able to retract bids is a pain as really opens up shilling. What tends to happen with people who shill is that they bid a ridiculous amount for an item, find out what your reserve is then retract there bid as a "mistake" and use yet another account to bid up to your reserve. I've had that happen on EBAY on at least 3 occasions. I apppreciate that there can be honest reasons to retract but unless there are lots of retractions needed every day I would prefer that it was done on the basis on a user asking support to retract their bid. This means support would vet every retraction.

If this isn't feasible then I suggest we simply don't have it.

Cheers,
    Illudius

CAPTAIN HYNPO IS USING HIS EVIL MIND CONTROL TO FORCE YOU TO CLICK HERE AND BUY COMICS

Forum Newbie
    View jlovie's Feedback (+326)
    All-About jlovie
    View jlovie's Listings
    Forum Posts

How about allowing bids to retracted up to one hour after bid was made (but not too close to the auction end) This would allow bidders to cancel any bid amounts made in error

Thread Information