eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Toys - What Would Yours Be?

Meccano and Aifix models for me.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Tressy has a y not an ie, hope you don't mind me saying . I played with and still play with Tressy, Barbie and Sindy and have a huge credit card balance to prove it, their clothes cost an absolute fortune, and shoes well, they are so hard to find for the girls.
    Thanks BandB, I didn't think anyone would even remember Tressy! LOL Are yours originals or are similar dolls still available?
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Are we just talking about (and no comments from the peanut gallery, please) solitary pleasures or toys involving other people as well?

For example, as a kid I greatly enjoyed playing chess, but obviously it required an opponent. Monopoly was fun too, but only with several other people.

When I was very small I enjoyed lego, weebles, Action Man (with his different clothing/accessory sets and vehicles) but could never get the hang of the Etch-a-sketch.

Later on I moved into remote control toys, football, balsa wood kits and archery.

I can't honestly say that one thing or another was better than the others, I just used them at different times of my life.

So, to create a poll, I think you're going to need to separate toys by age group and/or number of participants.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another update, please feel free to keep adding to the list and we'll get the poll compiled this week

Sticklebricks
    Fuzzy Felt
    Lego
    Meccano
    Scalextric
    Sindy
    Barbie
    Tressy
    Tiny Tears
    Troll Dolls
    Action Man
    Stylophone
    Etch-a-sketch
    Matchbox/Dinky toys
    Airfix models
    Scraps
    Toy shops / toy post offices
    Weebles

Damian - the original plan was for toys that are still 'played with' even as adults but it kind of diversified, so I am now thinking we'll need to split it, like you say, into kids' toys, non age specific toys and board games LOL
    Last edited by nykmedia; 11th November 2007 at 11:39 PM.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    Thanks BandB, I didn't think anyone would even remember Tressy! LOL Are yours originals or are similar dolls still available?
    They are all originals If you type tressydoll into google with a dot com behind you will see some there and Some of my sindy's and Barbie's on petradolls on a co dot UK nothing for sale on the sites ( just incase peeps think there is) Some of the pictures are a bit inferior but will all be re done at some point. They are a work in progress
    I have American Tressy, Canadian, Afro American Tressy, French Tressy, UK, Mexican and Spanish and I just Have one missing from the whole of the dolls that were sold world wide. A French Bella 31-12. If anyone goes to France please keep a look out for me

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Toy plastic soldiers and Tanks etc

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    I luvved my etch-a-sketcher.................so much so that I took it apart to see how it worked! (thought only boys were supposed to do that sort of thing lol) Needless to say I never got given another one.....was most dissapointed

xx
    I was never allowed one of those, but I did love my spirograph set, used to go over and over the design until there were holes in the paper - I wonder what ever happened to it...

Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    I luvved my etch-a-sketcher.................so much so that I took it apart to see how it worked! (thought only boys were supposed to do that sort of thing lol) Needless to say I never got given another one.....was most dissapointed

xx
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/auction...7-2&mo=auction

Re-live the glory days!

Does anyone remember the "calculator game" from the 80s? It used to be a normal Casio calculator which had a game on it where you had to make different combinations of numbers to add to ten and then little "n" shapes would pop up which you had to blast away with the + and - buttons. I absolutely LOVED it as a child, but can't find them anywhere any more. I can't help thinking what an excellent teaching aid it was for teaching number bonds to a child as well.

Scalextric for me, & I too loved the Britains figures, not only the farm ones but the Cowboys & Indians as well.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information