My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stores on Front Page

Question Same random featured stores? refreshes how often?

Hello everyone...

I can understand the idea of randomly selected stores on the front page under Featured Stores, BUT, I always see the same ones over and over. If there are so many stores (2065 at last count) then why do I see the same 10 or so every couple days?

Also, how often does it refresh to new stores? I havent been able to figure that out. I keep watching for mine everyday, but havent seen it so far. :-( I appreciate the information anyone can offer...THANK YOU!

~~Sophia
    Bollywood Designs
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Bollywood-Designs

PS: its true, I see a lot of people selling on here, and hardly anyone buying! I've also (like some) had to start buying simply to gain some feedback, and I see many sellers whos feedback reflect the same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BollywoodDesigns View Post
    PS: its true, I see a lot of people selling on here, and hardly anyone buying! I've also (like some) had to start buying simply to gain some feedback, and I see many sellers whos feedback reflect the same thing.
    If you see people selling then aren't they selling to the buyers? I originally joined here looking to buy but ended up as a seller, except I'm probably still buying more than I sell, if you see what i mean LOL
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

with the random stores at the side, if you are in a partciular category, I think it does just show stores relating to that category, so if there are not many stores linked to that category, you may see the same ones repeating themselves.
    eg when I am looking in the Christmas category, my secretsanta store, nearly always seems to show there.
    With the home page, they should all rotate, unless some of the items are deemed 'adult' when it will not be shown on the home page.

hahaha, I see how I confused you. I meant that there are a lot of people on here AS sellers, but hardly anyone buys....I would love to make the transition to here from eBay, but unfortunately, no one purchases the items here, while on eBay, I sell the same items almost everyday.

As far as the rotation goes, I am speaking of the "home" page, not really any specific category. (I'll go check some of my listed categories to see if I show up there)

Thread Information