Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Need a little help with ebid spread sheet

Default Need a little help with ebid spread sheet

Hi,
    here I am becoming an ebid seller+ and I was uploading listings (although I have been a bit slow over the last week or so) and adding existing listings to my shops and then I thought: Oh Lordy, what happens when the next Royal Mail price increase happens. That would be painfull. Going thru all those listings and changing the postage price. So I downloaded the spreadsheet and have just completed my first item and emailed it. Waiting for it to appear to check it.

Now, I am new to spreadsheets. I used excel (from an MS office 2000 install) to do the little I have done so far but I also have open office. In excel how do I duplicate the same info in all rows in a column? I am sure this should be easy but it hasnt sprung out at me at the moment.

Any help appreciated!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    Hi,
    here I am becoming an ebid seller+ and I was uploading listings (although I have been a bit slow over the last week or so) and adding existing listings to my shops and then I thought: Oh Lordy, what happens when the next Royal Mail price increase happens. That would be painfull. Going thru all those listings and changing the postage price. So I downloaded the spreadsheet and have just completed my first item and emailed it. Waiting for it to appear to check it.

Now, I am new to spreadsheets. I used excel (from an MS office 2000 install) to do the little I have done so far but I also have open office. In excel how do I duplicate the same info in all rows in a column? I am sure this should be easy but it hasnt sprung out at me at the moment.

Any help appreciated!
    Have you used the 'export listings' function on ebid yet? You ca export all your listings, edit the postage, then re upload.
    Save the file in the format Text- tab delimited ( it's one of your choices in the drop down options.
    Open MS excel then iuse the File then OPEN commands to locate the text tab delimited file you just saved.
    You'll now have an excel version of all your listings which lookes exactly like the bulk upload spreadsheet and you'll be able to go to the postage column and edit any you want to.
    Once you've made all the dits you want. Save your excel file as a text, tab delimited type file somewhere handy.
    Go back to ebid and delete ( using the tick boxes) any or all ther auctions you intend to replace with ones from your spreadsheet.
    Go to 'my bulk uploads' and select to upload a new file
    Go and find the text tab delimited file you've just saved- and upload it
    that should work! ( unless you're trying to edit more than 500 auctions at once)

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    Hi,

Any help appreciated!

Hi inversions,

To use "Fill"

Click in the cell you wish to duplicate and it will then have a bold black border around the cell with a seperated spot in the lower right corner of the cell. Place you curser over that spot until it changed to a + then left click and hold the mouse button down as you drag down (can drag up and across too) to fill the desired cells. When you release the left mouse button the information in the original cell will be in all of them. CAUTION --- if there is a number at the end of the info you are starting with it MAY increase in each cell.

To use "Copy"

Click in the cell you wish to duplicate than right click on the mouse (a menu will pop up and click on copy). Highlight the cells you wish to put the information in and then right click and choose paste. Hit enter and the original information should also be in the new cells.

Hope this helps

Hi Val,
    I have never use the upload and had written this, then got to talking and pushed the bottom. Glad you gave her what she really needed.
    Last edited by ropegg; 26th October 2007 at 07:56 PM.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Hi,
    thanks for the help. I really mean thanks! First thing was that when I clicked the export listings bit I didnt get any options about text delimited files for download but instead I opened the file from location (rather than downloading it) with excel and low and behold I have the spreadsheet! Which I can now save as a text delimited file. Great.

I have 1 possible problem: I currently have 492 items for sale and I have another 100 or so to list. That takes me over 500, why is this going to be a problem?

And I have a question. Is it possible to do a search and replace in excel. I really am new to this kind of thing and would appreciate the help rather than having to trawl thru the help files. I've had a look but havnt seen anything yet. Anyway say I want to search column R (domestic postage) for all items with 03=0.95 and replace this with 03=1.00 is there a quick way of doing this?

Thanks again!

You can do a find and replace, just enter the data you want to change in one box and the new data in the next click on OK it does it all for you Just bear in mind that it will change EVERY instance of the first box so if you had 0.95 somewhere else that would get changed as well. It might be safer to copy the entire postage column to another spreadsheet, do the change there then copy and paste it back.
    Last edited by kengillam; 27th October 2007 at 08:27 AM.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hi,
    thats worked great thanks again!

Now the last bit: Why does going over 500 items pose a problem?

Thanks!

Thread Information