My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Category for Children in Need Charity Auctions

I see your point about the automatic collection. What did you think of the rest of my ramblings? DO you think it would be good to have a 'home page' where you could search for a charity, once we've got quite a few charities on board?)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    Splitting the charities down could be a good idea, the only problem is ones like Children in Need where they could fall into 2 categories. What would be good once we've got a decent amount of listings in here would be to have a charity auction 'homepage' where you have a scroll list of charities and a search for charity by name (including partial matches) or type.

We could promote eBid to charities when they have a special week coming up eg I have just found out that October is breast cancer awareness month. We could contact charities who have these events coming up to tell them about the free listings on eBid and set up additional charities as we see them.

What would also be good would be if each charity had their own 'home page' or 'all about' page where it would show a little bit about them.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like the idea of a charity homepage - would personally like a charity marker on an auction which otherwise appeared in its normal home cat. But the possibility of searching for charity listings or for a particular charity would be great.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    I see your point about the automatic collection. What did you think of the rest of my ramblings? DO you think it would be good to have a 'home page' where you could search for a charity, once we've got quite a few charities on board?)
    I don't thing the possibility of falling in 2 catagories is a major problem, after all with the TV exposure something like Children in Need gets, it wouldn't make sense to list the items in the Children's Section.

A charity page would probably need to be site specific like the stores page, after all RSPCA,NSPCC ect wouldn't hold much relevance to those in the USA.
    Maybe a Charity Stores Page linking from the Stores Page section, set out the same way? As long as the smaller charities were given equal status to the big ones.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information