Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wrong catagory

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it would be good and appear a lot kinder (especially to new members) if eBid had it set up to send an automated email telling them they have an auction(s) in the wrong category and they have 48 hours to correct the situation or the improperly categorized listings will be removed.

I think removing the listing is punishment enough for having put it in the wrong category. I do not see any need for suspending a person because they have used the wrong category and I wonder how many sellers will be or have been lost because of it.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

I agree with many of the comments stated. I think suspending sellers for listing in the wrong category is only going to alienate sellers, particularly if it's a one off thing. A warning email should be sent and the listing removed so sellers are then given the opportunity to resubmit the listing to the correct category. I think suspension should only be an option if sellers continue to post in the wrong category despite the warning emails. This would separate those who have made an innocent mistake and would take the time to move the listing to the appropriate category and those who have intentionally listed in the wrong category for whatever reason.
    All listings: Technojoy Auctions
    Home Entertainment: Technojoy Entertainment Store
    Unique Gifts and Homewares: Technojoy Collectables Store

Grab a bargain today! Join eBid Now

Question

It might be me being a bit thick, but I can't see how to change my category in my listing. I used bulk uploader to load all my items initially, but now I am getting more used to eBit, I have found that some of my items could be in better categories (main category, not just the last one). However, I can't see how to do this on my current listings. Even if I set up a new listing through 'sell similar' it does not let me amend the category. Is the only way to change the category to set up the item from scratch?

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    It might be me being a bit thick, but I can't see how to change my category in my listing. I used bulk uploader to load all my items initially, but now I am getting more used to eBit, I have found that some of my items could be in better categories (main category, not just the last one). However, I can't see how to do this on my current listings. Even if I set up a new listing through 'sell similar' it does not let me amend the category. Is the only way to change the category to set up the item from scratch?
    I think the best thing to do is end the auction (if it's BIN) then change the category as you relist it.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GerryAustin View Post
    Yes, I totally agree. However, a couple of points need remembering!

1. Sometimes the wrong category is used as there is no alternative.

2. When a listing is removed, PLEASE SAY WHICH LISTING IT IS THAT WAS IN THE WRONG CATEGORY.

This is vitally important when you have thousands of listings.

Gerry
    I agree - I have had an Email today saying that a listing has been removed because it was in the wrong category. There was no indication as to what item it was, so I cannot relist it until I find out which auction is missing and I am unable to check if I have any similar items that need looking at.

I am aware that I probably have some items currently in the wrong category but on trying to edit the listing, it will not allow me to change the category. Even clicking on 'sell similar', I do not get the choice to change category. Someone has suggested that I close the item and set it up as new, which I have done for a couple of auctions, but surely, you should be able to amend the category for your listing if no one has bid for it.

Well, I don't understand that...... when I go to edit an auction I have the option to change category and subcategory

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Fab,
    I can to --- these are my options at the top of the listing page when I open it to edit:

Auction ID

Item Name

Category

Subcategory

eBid
    Store Category
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

Thumbs up

It's started working now! The only thing I can think of is that my feedback has now gone up enough for the sunglasses to disappear and maybe having the sunglasses limited my ability to edit - I tried over a few days to amend categories and now the dropdown shows!

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad it is working now best of wishes for selling.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

I think it was very unfair to remove all Bizarre Bargains listings and suspend them because of a wrong category infingement, fair enough if they had done it previously a few times, but otherwise if you are trying to get more customers, especially regular bulk listers, not just someone clearing their loft you have got to be more leniant with them. A lot of people make their main income through internet trading and to completely removing all their listings is going to greatly affect them and their livelyhood. As I see it after looking at the bulk uploader, having to put category reference numbers in is alway going to lead to possible mistakes and the sooner a more user friendly replacement is available the better If someone persists in putting items in the wrong category then action does need to be taken, but before that, you need to send out a warning email detailing which listings are in the wrong category and suggest where they should go or create a new one or you are going to alienate any new business you get. Remember we are all human and can make mistakes, especially bulk users dealing with lots of items and if you want to build this site and attract and keep new sellers you need to give some of them a bit more leeway. We all want the site to be as tidy as possible but please don't punish the casual wrong doer
    Last edited by interestingtreasures; 8th August 2007 at 12:22 PM.

Thread Information