eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I have noticed

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I have noticed

I have noticed that we have to sections in the forum covering the same thing ----( COMPUTER SOFTWARE & VIDEO GAMING) Both cover gaming for the pc,xbox and other types of machines :wink:

How about getting rid of one of these and adding a section in the forum covering (SPIRITUALITY / METAPHISICAL) as im sure this would turn out to be a popular forum board as alot of people are into things to do with this subject wether its Tarot,Runes,Crystals,Pagan,Dreams,Gothic,etc etc etc the list is endless

Mt. Marion New York, Avon, United Kingdom
    View aries458's Feedback (+470)
    All-About aries458
    View aries458's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I have noticed

I think that would be a great idea! Most of the items we create are New Age oriented. I also sell many Native American type items (i.e. pottery, jewelry). How about a section for personalized items also? Just putting my 2 cents worth. Love this site! Found out the inquirer had a bit on it too!
    Playin in the mud

Forum Saint
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I am into Dreamcatchers and tribal myths (wolf spirits etc) aswell as Runes and other spirituality things and my wife is into Tarot , Dreams, Aromatherapy and other things and think everyone is into 1 type of thing or another even if its reading their stars in the paper or liking wizards and dragons or even incence sticks,candles etc lol and would think a section in the forum where we all could talk about such subjects would go down well with all of the people who are into this :!: :!: :!:

Mt. Marion New York, Avon, United Kingdom
    View aries458's Feedback (+470)
    All-About aries458
    View aries458's Listings
    Forum Posts

We make a LOT of items for our clients shoppes here, mostly art, one-of-a-kind. Hopefully, I can get more listed within the week, as we have to go on the road soon to the east coast.I'll be taking my laptop with me so I can still list though and keep up with me auctions. Much with amulets. Hmmm...seems the sub catagory in this area may grow?
    Playin in the mud

I think that's a good idea - just out of interest (and before I run of to work) - what are dreamcatchers? - I've never heard of them before.

*agrees*...I too am into all things new age!

According to legend Dreamcatchers were originally hung over the baby's cradle. Dreams are messages from the spirit world. The good spirit dreams, being smart, will find their way through the center hole and float down the sacred feathers onto the sleeping one. The bad spirit dreams, being stupid, will get caught in the web and disappear with the morning light.

I sell new age stuff here on ebid if you are interested check out my auctions. :wink:

Forum Saint
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

They are not just for babies cradles but for adults aswell

The true dreamcatchers for babies are made out of willow or simular and as the child grows up the dream catcher dry and when they break it is a sign that the child has come to maturity :wink:

OHH most child willow ones are not round like alot you find online but are more of a teardrop shape where adult ones tend to be more round (If anyone knows why this is i would be intrested in knowing) :!: :!:

The good spirit dreams, being smart, will find their way through the center hole and float down the sacred feathers onto the sleeping one. The bad spirit dreams, being stupid, will get caught in the web and disappear with the morning light.
    The quote is about as good as discription i have heard

Forum Saint
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

OHH Omski

Dreamcatchers normally 1 single ring wraped in leather, suede , string etc etc with a cobweb type center with some containing a stone or crystal and normaly have 3 or more strands hanging from them some with beads etc and at the end they have a single feather or lots of feathers !!!

Once you could only get them in certain plain colours but as they make popular items to hang in your home so nowadays they come in plain colours aswell as brightly decorated colours with bright beads and feathers aswell as some coming with mirrors and wind chimes etc aswell as some coming with several rings varying in sizes

You can normally pick them up from a couple of quid for the smaller types and for more for the larger types ( i have managed to pick some great ones in the past for pennies at bootsales and jumbles aswell as online auctions )

There are items out there that some think are Dreamcatchers but instead of a cobweb center they have a piece of material or solid middle these are NOT Dreamcatchers but to hang onto you doors to ward off the evil spirits but can be so nicely decorated and some having great pictures on you could hang them on your walls as great features just like you can with dreamcatchers!!!

Thread Information