eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!

All-About pheasantplukka
    View pheasantplukka's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chip shop probed over 'fishy smell'

Tuesday November 7, 10:37 AM

Click to chip shop owner is being investigated - because of a complaint that his shop smells of fish and chips, a council has said.

A spokeswoman for Wakefield Council said they were obliged to investigate the complaint about New Scarborough Fisheries in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, and had asked the owner to check that the odour extraction system was working properly.
    She said: "The law states we have to investigate the complaint. It is certainly not a case that fish and chip shops should not be allowed to smell of fish and chips."
    The council said that if everything was in order, no further action would be taken.
    Chip shop boss Steve Morton told The Sun newspaper he was shocked to receive a letter from environmental health staff which told him: "We are investigating a smell of fish and chips."
    Mr Morton, 42, said the chip shop had been operating for 40 years without a problem.
    He said: "You'd think they'd twig that a fish and chip shop smells of fish and chips. It's absolutely crazy."
    He added: "Does the council want me to pay someone to stand outside with an air freshener? This is a waste of time and money." x 5000

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

BArmy, absolutely barmy

Reminds me of the time in Manchester

Two airline pilots bought city center apartments above a club in manchester which they knew about before moving in.

Then shorlty after moving in they complained about the noise from the club and managed to get the club opening hours shut earlier as it was disturbing them
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View bjt1964's Feedback (+274)
    All-About bjt1964
    View bjt1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

They are having a laugh..........one of the main reasons for going into a chippy is the smell.......mmmmmmmm
    do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?

Brian

PATHETIC!

Im getting sick to the back teeth of JOBSWORTHS

i could understand if the complaint was about the smell of sewage or something but fish and chips out a chippie? streuth - there must be some law somewhere that makes it a criminal offence to waste councils time and money - all bananas

Thread Information