Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What are Ebid going to do to capitalize on Ebays disrespect to their Sellers?

Default What are Ebid going to do to capitalize on Ebays disrespect to their Sellers?

Hi all.

I have been an Ebidder for a long time, but left because I found the input I was making into Ebid was not equalling the output.

Since then (about 18months), I have raised over 2000+ feedback on Ebay.

But, like so many others on Thursday, have returned to Ebid to try to make it work here.

I was just wondering, and not to sound negative, what Ebid are going to do to capitalize on this error of Judgement by Ebay. We all know that Ebay are not going to change their minds about this, whatever the uproar being vented on the forums, or the amount of people that have left / are going to leave. However, Ebid need to do something now... and I know people say that we the users of Ebid should do our part, which is fine, and I am sure many of us are / will, however, this needs to be backed up by Ebid itself.

I saw an email from Ebid (first for a long time I must admit), which must have been sent on mass (today I think). However, a solo email will not do much.

Guys, how about some advertising / marketing now highlighting Ebays mistake and the fact that people are leaving on mass to join Ebid? Spin Ebays misfortune in a positive way for Ebid?

ATB
    OJ
    Well, I'm still here. SO why not visit my EBid Shop? http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Totally-Underwear (600+ Items coming soon!!!!!!!!!)

this is e.bids big chance to make things happen , go for it !!!!!!!!! we're all behind you

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is a two-man band - both money and time are at a premium - so we have to try to bring as many of our customers with us as we can. I'm listing like mad, planning to email all my customers when I have more listings on here than on ebay to tell them that and that I am listing at lower prices here to reflect the lower fees.
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Forum Newbie
    View elvencards's Feedback (+15)
    All-About elvencards
    View elvencards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ojleap View Post
    Hi all.

I have been an Ebidder for a long time, but left because I found the input I was making into Ebid was not equalling the output.

Since then (about 18months), I have raised over 2000+ feedback on Ebay.

But, like so many others on Thursday, have returned to Ebid to try to make it work here.

I was just wondering, and not to sound negative, what Ebid are going to do to capitalize on this error of Judgement by Ebay. We all know that Ebay are not going to change their minds about this, whatever the uproar being vented on the forums, or the amount of people that have left / are going to leave. However, Ebid need to do something now... and I know people say that we the users of Ebid should do our part, which is fine, and I am sure many of us are / will, however, this needs to be backed up by Ebid itself.

I saw an email from Ebid (first for a long time I must admit), which must have been sent on mass (today I think). However, a solo email will not do much.

Guys, how about some advertising / marketing now highlighting Ebays mistake and the fact that people are leaving on mass to join Ebid? Spin Ebays misfortune in a positive way for Ebid?

ATB
    OJ
    here! here!
    am also returning to ebid ( 6 years ebay, 8500+ feedback )
    dread to think how much money I've put in ebays coffers!

ebay have made another huge blunder -
    even if they realise it, they're too arrogant to admit it and undo it.
    They increase fees, sellers leave, so they increase again to replace the lost revenue, more sellers leave - and so it goes on ...

A huge opportunity for ebid - but ... getting sellers is the easy bit - now it's time to attract BUYERS!
    Sellers are doing their bit, I know I will when I'm sorted,
    but getting them to stay and use the site is down to ebid,
    that means an easy and pleasant place to browse,
    ( not disappearing search bars and information overload ),
    changes to it's look and presentation must be made.

It's wrong to assume that sellers will also be buyers - they're different 'animals' - all very well having low selling fees, but if nothing sells, it's all rather pointless ...

Hi mfkirke.

I agree that we have to do our bit, however, the question was "What is Ebid going to do to back us up?"

Surely, it can't be expected that all of the Ebay sellers will bring customers with us, ok, some may come, but not all.

As elvencards says, there is a difference between buyers and sellers. If there is a sudden influx of Sellers onto ebid, how long will it be before the bubble bursts, people say, hey, Ebay are ripping us off, but at least we were selling there, and then head back, with inflated prices to the buyers?

I am not trying to be negative, however, as a seller with over 500 items, its important that the time I put in equals the return I get. From past experience, Ebid, for me, does not equal this. With the increase in sellers, realistically, is this going to be any different? Or will there just be a far greater amount of sellers selling to a very small increase in the amount of buyers????

ATB
    OJ
    Well, I'm still here. SO why not visit my EBid Shop? http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Totally-Underwear (600+ Items coming soon!!!!!!!!!)

I'm hoping who ever runs eBid are in a meeting working out how to capitalise on what is going on - this is too good an opportunity to miss!

Alison

Thread Information