My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Why council tax is so high !

Default Why council tax is so high !

There are ways to be exempt from council tax, and this is one of the most common in Burnley .......

"The property is unoccupied because a minister of religion will be moving in and it is from where he or she will carry out the duties of their office."

Guess how many 'Mosques' there are in Burnley..... over 1400

(I know the link is from Wigan council, but the same applies for the whole of England.)

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

As you say one of many ways.

Are you saying that 1400 'Mosques' in Burnley are empty.
    Cause that's the only way they get exemption. by being Unoccupied.

Ok we where told ours would be aprox £90 a month from now on. How much IS yours ?

I thought the reason it was SO HIGH was so all the politicians could pay for their perks.

EG : visit hookers, pay for holiday homes, the best malts, top hotels and the like.

SHAME all that money and 90% of them still have faces like a robbers dog.

Market Drayton, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    View Paulwillhappy's Feedback (+28)
    All-About Paulwillhappy
    View Paulwillhappy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry

£200 Per Month for 1 Street Light 30 Mtrs away from my property and rubbish Not collected every 2 Weeks.

A police van turns at the top of our road evey year ??????

I have to take my black sacks every 2 weeks 12 Miles to Whitchurch and line up with everyone else.

Whats the point in reducing Carbon emissions when you put another 10,000 vehicles evey month driving to the dump to drop off their rubbish.

Also we ave a case where 2 Binmen (Contractors) have allegedly assulted 2 OAP's ?

Remember they Do not work for the council as they are contractors.

Out and out Chavs Jumping across peoples gardens and literally throwing the bins back anywhere...........

Mind you N.Shropshire District Council is under many investigations for Poor performance, A neighbour told me they are 3rd from the bottom as the worst councils in the UK ?

Is your Council Better or Worse ?

Never take your loo for granted Camping sucks.......

I am in a small cottage. The original plans say it has 2 bedrooms and a boxroom. You can just fit a single bed and a bedside cabinet in the box room. Ok if someone wants to stay the night, but very claustrophobic as the ceiling slopes to the outside wall. The council say we have 3 bedrooms as the legal size to class a room as a bedroom has been cut.
    We are also Band E, because we have a "beautiful view". anywhere else it would be Band C. With the new banding system the rates will be even higher. Heaven help you if you overlook a park or golf course. The cottage was tied to my husbands job, so we didn't have any say in where we lived. We could not buy it so the value of it does not benefit us at all. As none of the houses are ever sold, how do they put a value on them?
    We get none of the services we pay for apart from the refuse collection- street lights, pavements, road repairs etc. Under the old Council Rates we got a rebate for the services they didn't provide. Now we have to pay it all. The library van used to come once a fortnight. That has been stopped. We have 2 buses a day, except Sunday, run by a Council appointed private bus company. The council have subsidised the purchase of 3 new buses out of the Council Tax. We still only get 2 buses a day.
    £120 a month to empty 1 wheelie bin is a bit steep.

we got re banded, went up two bands to band E as we had lovely views of the mountains and the school playing fields ...then....... they built a lovely Asda superstore right across the fields and the view

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Paulwillhappy

Is your Council Better or Worse ?
    In some ways better and in other ways worse! Although Durham City Council do well in taking away rubbish & recycling stuff away on a regular basis, they are still one of the most corrupt councils ever!

I myself have had a run in with DCC on a number of occasions, the last straw was getting the bailiffs out on us in December concerning payment of Poll Tax (*)...when we were paying them £2.50 a week, not a lot I know, but as some of you know and thanks to our beloved Inland Revenue's crap Tax Credits, our income was reduced (again!) to just £88.+p. This did not interest DCC one bit...they wanted their Poll Tax money yesterday! So they called out the bailiffs, which was totally unfair and unjust! I can understand it if we weren't willing to pay or just not bothered, but we were and we did pay EVERY week!!!

This has resulted in me reporting DCC to the Ombudsman and going through their (DCC's) tedious procedure, a final interview with the relevant Poll Tax cow (sorry, but she was!), with a threat to me that if I carried out my report to the ombudsman, then it could affect our benefits! Regardless of the idle threat, I have given DCC every opportunity to recompense the unecessary bailiff charge and so the threat to DCC still stands, there is just one chap to see before I go through with the ombudsman...after that?...who knows?

Anyway, I'm not the only one who's suffered at the corruptness of Durham City Council whom, are power & money grabbing mad:

http://www.bushywood.com/durham_city_council.htm

http://www.cobblers2thecouncil.com/a...icles/A057.php

....one day, all this power and corruptness will be gone....forever!

* Council's hate it when you call council tax "Poll Tax"! Childish, I know, but feels good when you know that you're getting their backs up!

Quote Originally Posted by thehoneyant
    As you say one of many ways.

Are you saying that 1400 'Mosques' in Burnley are empty.
    Cause that's the only way they get exemption. by being Unoccupied.
    That's how they get exemption to start with. Then they make it a 'place of worship/meeting place' and move in - tax free.

Thread Information