Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBid Xmas special in eBuyer Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by goldwitch
    ...noticed at one time 183173 auctions, but only 24 bids...
    Only 24? Are you sure?

Thanks for the advice but we have already informed our clients of the intended switch, however although the fees of ebay/paypal are steep we selling 99 out of 100 products within in the first auction, making probably less profit as we would do with EBID if we sold the same quantity, as that is obviously not the case we would loose money if we made the switch now, our living depends on it.
    Another check this morning in postcards gave the odd 9000 lots with no bid at all, comparing with 13000 odd of Ebay with aprox 40% no bid. We still have to look at the money.
    In the case of the postcards although larger then any other auction object we noticed that they do not have their own entry, which is also rather confusing for bidders on the most sought after collecteble.

Quote Originally Posted by startthebiddinglow
    Only 24? Are you sure?
    No offence taken as we are polish enhlish is still not exactly as we would like it to be.

I concur. Although this site is smaller, it acts as a very useful tool. Whilst there are siginificantly less % of bids, this is shadowed by the real sense of community and that there are ways to sell.
    We are listing some items as losses in order to gain feedback and seller presence on the site. Once this has taken hold we see no real problem with using this in conjunction with our real shop and web site.
    My new year's resolution is, too, to allow eBid to prve itself and grow with our help (i.e. listing auctions by the bucket-load!).
    With respect to the money involved, it's swings and roundabouts. eB@y mark up the prices of our items that put us at either level pegging or slightly above people with larger buying/importing powr. This means it's impractical to list items on there knowing they won't sell. On eBid we can absorb the small fees and test the water with various products.
    Google loves eBid auctions. If you list a load of items on eBid and then Google your company/eBid name you get a loads of listings. This not only directs traffic to your listings, but also your website and that of eBid....it's all good.
    And it costs a couple of quid to list on the front of eBid...how much would that cost on eB@y????
    It's great, albeit a little slow to sell, but if you have the patience, I think it'll work.
    PB

PS. Where are the large logos for eBid anyone? We want some for our site?? :P
    Butterfly Effects
    *insert lots of information for a signature* - done!

Hee hee.
    I've been looking through my list of subscrobed threads.
    It appears that my posts are conversation killers.....forum constipation as its worst
    Ho hum...
    Butterfly Effects
    *insert lots of information for a signature* - done!

Quote Originally Posted by tonymaclennan
    Is auctioneditor really the editor of eBuyer or just a newbie posing as the editor ?
    Yes, I'm really the editor, don't know how I can prove it but its true! The new issue of the mag was delayed over Xmas but is now on sale this Saturday, with a guide to getting the most out of your auctions in 2006.

Thanks!

Dom, Editor of eBuyer

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dom what outlets can we get Ebuyer at please? It doesn't seem to appear in my local supermarkets magazine rack?

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    Dom what outlets can we get Ebuyer at please? It doesn't seem to appear in my local supermarkets magazine rack?
    WH Smiths is your best bet, or Borders. Some local newsagents also, but you're unlikely to see it in many supermarkets.

Thanks

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is there any way we can purchase copies direct? I can't find it anywhere

Thread Information