Quote Originally Posted by pesky33
i've talked to many MANY people who don't come on here any more cause they're sick of the arguing, and patronising attitude they get over here, which mainly comes from you, so that's one thing i know for a fact you're wrong about.
Right. That must be why this place was practically grave like during the months when I wasn't posting here.

People here bitch and whine because nobody posts, then they bitch and whine when somebody does post. It is impossible to have a proper discussion here because nobody has guts to stand up and defend their point of view. There are far too many people who mistake a challenge of their views as a negative argument, despite the fact that most of them have never even bothered to consider why they think in a particular way or what motivates them to post about something. It just turns into bull**** throwing with little children running about crying and others just stiring the **** - particularly those whose net contribution to the forum is "I don't post here much but I've just come in to have a whine".

There are many other forums where people are much more adult and responsible about their lives, their views and their attitudes. Where people are not afraid to stand up and either affirm their point of view or accept that a challenge to it was valid and made sense. But here the sheep are in control and whoa betide anyone who isn't also a sheep for they get bleeted at by the whole flock.

There is a saying which seems incredibly appropriate for this forum "Don't stick your head above the battlements" because all and sundry take a shot at you.

Well, I am not a sheep. So if some here don't like it, they can just flock off.