Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: rofl - warning be prepared to scratch

View shelleywelley's Feedback (+391)
    All-About shelleywelley
    View shelleywelley's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default rofl - warning be prepared to scratch

The Welsh assembly Government have started giving out booklets now about Head Lice. Andrew brought it home yesterday, just been having a quick look through, it's got 9 steps on how to detect head lice and step 7 had me in stitches

7. If you do find a moving louse, stick it to a piece of paper with clear sticky tape and take it to your GP or local pharmacist
    WTF???? Can you imagine their faces rofl

Bl00dy things make you itch just thinking about them

Forum Newbie
    View lincslasscat's Feedback (+19)
    All-About lincslasscat
    View lincslasscat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thats Disgusting It's Making Me Itch Now Thinking About It.ahh Well I Got This All To Come In A Few Years So Suppose I Should Start Getting Use To It

7. If you do find a moving louse, stick it to a piece of paper with clear sticky tape and take it to your GP or local pharmacist
    Nah! That's the Nanny State for you. Us Mums and Grans are so thick that we need to take it to a Doctor or Pharmacist to have a proper diagnosis made. Only 1 of mine ever got any, and I had never seen one before, but I knew what it was. It was always the same family that had them, and spread them. The SW used to take the chemical to the Mum, but she never used it. In the end they collected the kids, took them to the clinic, and the District Nurse deloused all of them. My kids were under strict orders to keep away from the kids, and never caught the beggars again. Tea tree Oil Shampoo kills them just as effectively as the chemical they give you, and with none of the dangers.

Itch itch scratch scratch now Beryl,and i've never had one in my life,but princess did,done her hair with electic zapper(battery)

eeek! My kids' primary school is riddled with nits - my kids could come home with them every day Monday-Friday, even though I would clean their hair every night. Disgusting things! The best way to get rid of them? Wait till the kids start secondary school, the nits just about stop. However the years between nursery at age 3-4, and leaving primary school at 11 years old are hell!

I have a 16fl oz bottle of tea tree oil I have imported in bulk from the US at the moment - those little 10ml bottles just went nowhere with the epidemics we have in our school

the leccy zapper was the mutts nuts as far as my kids were concerned. Every time it hit an egg or louse the comb emitted a high pitched scream, my kids thought it was the louse screaming...I had trouble getting the comb off them.

sometimes little boys can be evil.
    Nowt here so don't bother looking

SEARCHING for ET

pmsl! We had one that you could only use on dry hair. Problem was, my kids have both got sweaty heads (and associated cradle-cap signs, even though they are 12 and 9) so everytime I used it, especially in the summer, they would scream it was electrecuting them - it was sparking and buzzing and everything. So that pretty much ended up being used on the cats to check for cat fleas!

rofl @ this thread .... okies my turn for Lice Killing tips.

Cat Flea Spray

In a can ... the aerosol (ooerr nearly spelt that wrong) variety. Hold approx 12" from child's head, tell em to shake their head like a looney and spray.

Them licey little buggers dont come back hahahahahahahaha.

This came about cos I mentioned the 6weeks problem I had had with DD getting nits again and again off a kid at school, and jokingly said "you'd think they'd have invented a spray by now, like cat flea spray, to kill the beggars". To which the PHARMACIST replies, well as long as your child isnt asthmatci and you keep the spray at least 12" from the head, and dont direct it at the face, I dont see why flea spray wouldn't work."

So I did ........ she thought it was hilarious, DH thought I had gone mad, but she didnt get nits or lice again!!!!

Vik xxx

Thread Information