Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site Map??

Default Re: Site Map??

Well I'll give the old corpse another bang on the chest, but I doubt it will do any good.

The MPs you picture, like the cast of the old film, have shown themselves to be completely untrustworthy and totally venal. Given the opportunity to carry out the first unambiguous instruction from the electorate in a generation and they waste years doing everything but.

The old gods on Olympus must be rolling off their couches and lol with the irony they are watching at the edge of their empire.

The best hope we now have of "the will of the people" being enacted falling to a son of a family rooted in the very establishment that so dearly wants to thwart it. That he got the job at all is most likely due to the usual tactic of such families -- having at least one member in every party in the argument, so they are always represented on the winning side. Ready to slip the rest into well paid positions as opportunities arise.

That good old "Uncle" Boris used the same tactic to get the job as the emperor who first dragged us into the mire of continental politics -- acting the buffoon, to conceal his ambitions, until he was the last man standing. It was said at the time, that the only reason that Claudius survived long enough to become emperor was that none of his predecessors took him seriously enough to kill him, just as this lot have underestimated Boris for years. We'll just have to hope he does as well as Claudius, before being deposed in the next parliamentary coup.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Well I'll give the old corpse another bang on the chest, but I doubt it will do any good.

The MPs you picture, like the cast of the old film, have shown themselves to be completely untrustworthy and totally venal. Given the opportunity to carry out the first unambiguous instruction from the electorate in a generation and they waste years doing everything but.

The old gods on Olympus must be rolling off their couches and lol with the irony they are watching at the edge of their empire.

The best hope we now have of "the will of the people" being enacted falling to a son of a family rooted in the very establishment that so dearly wants to thwart it. That he got the job at all is most likely due to the usual tactic of such families -- having at least one member in every party in the argument, so they are always represented on the winning side. Ready to slip the rest into well paid positions as opportunities arise.

That good old "Uncle" Boris used the same tactic to get the job as the emperor who first dragged us into the mire of continental politics -- acting the buffoon, to conceal his ambitions, until he was the last man standing. It was said at the time, that the only reason that Claudius survived long enough to become emperor was that none of his predecessors took him seriously enough to kill him, just as this lot have underestimated Boris for years. We'll just have to hope he does as well as Claudius, before being deposed in the next parliamentary coup.
    Very well put! A joy to read...... love your turn of phrase!

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Hi John, and sorry for not replying sooner. I actually had to use the MS site-map recently when I had a problem with an update, it made getting some help quicker than it otherwise would have been.

As astral said, it seems ebid doesn't show one. A bit late now to reply to a thread now forgotten, but will remember not to take the writers veracity at face value next time, or the "facts" they are putting forward.

Thanks for the examples of the good, the bad and the ugly.
    Likewise I'm sorry for not replying sooner. Problem with an update? Windows 10 I suppose. Regularly I see this in the PC clinic I run. Time you tried Linux?

Linux Mint Mate 19.2 is a good one to try as a first timer. You don't have to burn any boats, you can download it and put it on a DVD or a USB stick to try it out without altering your hard drive. Of course it will run slower that way, but you can see if all your hardware works and whether it has all the applications you need. The Mint forums are really friendly for beginners too.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information