eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Password Change

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Password Change

Help and advice please, sometimes when logging into my account a box comes up in the top right hand corner of my screen regarding changing my password as it is too easy, I have had it come up today also on my hotmail account, it also said I could click on for a random password, I have not done this and dismiss it. Am I doing the right thing.

I find remembering passwords for different sites difficult so have to write them all down in a little book and if I should misplace my book I am up the creek without a paddle.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you in advance

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Password Change

I have NEVER never never had a site suggest a password change OR, maybe more importantly, give me a selection of new passwords....................sounds quite suspicious.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I have NEVER never never had a site suggest a password change OR, maybe more importantly, give me a selection of new passwords....................sounds quite suspicious.
    Thank you for your reply, I was a bit suspicious but thought I would check it out with others. I will carry on dismissing it.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    Help and advice please, sometimes when logging into my account a box comes up in the top right hand corner of my screen regarding changing my password as it is too easy, I have had it come up today also on my hotmail account, it also said I could click on for a random password, I have not done this and dismiss it. Am I doing the right thing.

I find remembering passwords for different sites difficult so have to write them all down in a little book and if I should misplace my book I am up the creek without a paddle.

Thank you in advance
    Which account are you talking about? if it's your eBid account I would contact support immediately. It sound very fishy.

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

Hi Tony, it first it kept appearing on my ebid account but then today came up on my hotmail account, to top it all I lost my internet connection this afternoon and when I contacted my supplier they said it was because my password for my router had been changed, I said not by me because I would not know where to begin but then he said not to worry because the letters I had given him for my password as a security check matched so my account was safe and my internet was restored, hopefully it will not happen again and they are now aware of it.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post

Thank you in advance
    If you don't have Malwarebytes installed,I would suggest that you do.Once installed do a scan of your computer.

I agree with blue, it seems to find things even when the built-in security tells me it's done its regular scan and found nothing.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    If you don't have Malwarebytes installed,I would suggest that you do.Once installed do a scan of your computer.
    Thanks for the tip and have just done this - and quarantined a load of stuff. Now for the laptop.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    .... quarantined a load of stuff. Now for the laptop.
    Be aware that some of the files flagged as malware may not be.You need to see if you recognise them.If you do,just add them as an exclusion.

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Hello Not being technical on computers not sure what malwarebytes is, I am on Avast Secure Browser and they I can carry out a scan, they also keep sending me details of different packages available to buy but I do not do on-line banking, and if I cannot buy locally and buy on-line I pay by paypal, or I phone the order through so all these packages are beyond me and do I really need them.

I have googled malwarebytes and see I can download it but will this effect my Avast anti virus, and I have just noticed Avast have added Hack Check which might be the reason I am being told to change password as easy. So confused with all this technical stuff although I am very very cautious with anything I do on-line regarding opening junk emails etc.

Thread Information