Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is This eBay?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is This eBay?

I am being prevented by the system to send a buyer an invoice, because I decided to stop offering PayPal once again.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is This eBay?

Doesn't sound right. Best contact support@ebid.net for advice.

In the meantime - to save time - send an email invoice to your buyer.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is the message box that comes up every time I try to send an invoice to my most recent buyer:

https://www.ebid.net/us/perl/account...create-invoice

BTW: The most recent buyer started questioning me about how could they pay. The listing very clearly states my payment methods, and that I am not accepting PayPal at this time.
    I have emailed Support about this issue, and asked them specifically am I required to use PayPal to send my buyers an invoice. If not, I requested them to address this issue.

I started having this problem after a particularly hellish experience with another new buyer, who paid for one item using PayPal, and thought he was going to strong arm me into mailing him 2 coins without paying for the second coin. He had different PayPal and eBid contact details, but refused to clarify which address I was to use.

I reported him to eBid after I refunded his payment for 1 of 2 coins. Initially his name was crossed off, and eBid stated they were requesting additional details from the buyer. Then his name was uncrossed, and he started to get aggressive with me, and demanding I ship his "coins", even though I had refunded him. So I put him on my "special list", marked him as "NPB" for the listing he never paid for; and cancelled the sale for the listing I had refunded.

The whole situation was a disgusting waste of my time. It was after that occurred, that I decided again that I did not want to use PayPal. The use of PayPal only seems to embolden certain types of buyers to abuse the system. BTW, I also tried to cancel the sale for the listing that was never paid for, and I received a message that I would need to leave 3 payment reminders to cancel a listing. I left another reminder (second one); came back in today to leave the third reminder, and the buyer was scratched off again.

This whole ordeal is particularly distasteful when you are dealing with low cost items. I can do without PayPal with low profit margins are the norm. I think eBid needs to rethink the process that sellers have to go through to request refund of FVF from NPB.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you removed your Paypal details from your My eBid Personal Details information + removed Paypal from all your listings? Just a thought.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Have you removed your Paypal details from your My eBid Personal Details information + removed Paypal from all your listings? Just a thought.
    Yes.

I specifically removed Paypal from "My Personal Details" ; from "My About Me Page"; and left a notice on all listings that I am not accepting PayPal at this time. There may be a few stray listings that still carry a mention of PayPal, as I was unable to do a bulk listing removal of the PayPal entry.
    I have been catching a few as they close, because they close in different cycles. I can do it that way or close/vacation mode all of my stores and check each listing for a PayPal entry. Which I actually did some time ago, and that is why I am surprised when the statement is still on some of the listings. It would help if this feature was available in bulk listing area.

However, there is clearly enough information on any of my listing, where it is clear that I am not accepting PayPal. There is no PayPal logo or payment button on any of my listing, and there is a notice sitting on top of the listing. I think that in many cases sellers are expected to jump through multiple hoops and follow all the rules, and buyers are not held accountable for their actions.

The bottom line here is a buyer that was abusing the system. Does that get rectified or not? Also do I have the right to send buyers an invoice and not accept Paypal use?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

The cancel sale for NPG is unwieldy and should be changed.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post

I specifically removed Paypal from "My Personal Details" ; from "My About Me Page"; and left a notice on all listings that I am not accepting PayPal at this time. There may be a few stray listings that still carry a mention of PayPal, as I was unable to do a bulk listing removal of the PayPal entry.
    I have been catching a few as they close, because they close in different cycles. I can do it that way or close/vacation mode all of my stores and check each listing for a PayPal entry. Which I actually did some time ago, and that is why I am surprised when the statement is still on some of the listings. It would help if this feature was available in bulk listing area.
    To find which of your listings still mention Paypal, you could start a new bulk edit bucket, tick only Description and enter paypal. (Just did it with my own, and found 24 of mine match, but that's probably because my local collection items doubtless say "Don't use Paypal!", a hangover from ebay where there's the dumb policy that even local collection must offer Paypoo).

Personally I quite like Paypal, in a kind of pact with the Devil way. Pretty much every buyer on the planet has an account, they know how to use it, they pay promptly (obviously your buyer was an exception, and the relevant asylum needs to review its release policy). I hate that Paypal don't pay their fair share of UK corporation tax. I hate that Paypal, by any "quacks like a duck" test, is a bank, yet evades UK banking laws by registering in Luxembourg. But without Paypal I'm sure my sales would plummet. I hope a Paypal-free life will work for you, but I feel you're shooting yourself in the foot.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    To find which of your listings still mention Paypal, you could start a new bulk edit bucket, tick only Description and enter paypal. (Just did it with my own, and found 24 of mine match, but that's probably because my local collection items doubtless say "Don't use Paypal!", a hangover from ebay where there's the dumb policy that even local collection must offer Paypoo).

Personally I quite like Paypal, in a kind of pact with the Devil way. Pretty much every buyer on the planet has an account, they know how to use it, they pay promptly (obviously your buyer was an exception, and the relevant asylum needs to review its release policy). I hate that Paypal don't pay their fair share of UK corporation tax. I hate that Paypal, by any "quacks like a duck" test, is a bank, yet evades UK banking laws by registering in Luxembourg. But without Paypal I'm sure my sales would plummet. I hope a Paypal-free life will work for you, but I feel you're shooting yourself in the foot.
    Thank you for the info on finding PayPal on my listings. Will try this out ASAP.

As far as shooting myself in the foot for not accepting PayPal, I do not find this necessarily so. I make sales when I offer it or not. I make more successfully completed sales when I offer PayPal. I seem to make sales when I do not offer PayPal, to buyers who are trying to force me to use PayPal. A sale is only successful if there is payment, and a smooth transaction occurs with shipping and a pleased buyer. I get a lot of NPB here, with or without PayPal. The PayPal system seems to embolden bad buyers in their pernicious ways. I would rather have no sales, then to put up with the aggravation of a manipulative NPB. In other words I would prefer to go PayPal free than to put up with that situation, as sales are not brisk enough here now to justify tolerating the manipulation.

I will say I consider eBid support the best in the industry. They did remove the first buyer, and refunded the fvf for one of the sales, that I did not get a chance to finish the fvf refund request, before eBid sacked them. The one I canceled in frustration, they did not refund (my bad). The second "buyer" who I suspected of trying to play me about not accepting PayPal also did not pay. I took them through eBid's tedious process of requesting a NPB fee refund, and received the fvf refund. So the system does work even when it is tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post

As far as shooting myself in the foot for not accepting PayPal, I do not find this necessarily so. I make sales when I offer it or not. I make more successfully completed sales when I offer PayPal. I seem to make sales when I do not offer PayPal, to buyers who are trying to force me to use PayPal. A sale is only successful if there is payment, and a smooth transaction occurs with shipping and a pleased buyer. I get a lot of NPB here, with or without PayPal. The PayPal system seems to embolden bad buyers in their pernicious ways. I would rather have no sales, then to put up with the aggravation of a manipulative NPB. In other words I would prefer to go PayPal free than to put up with that situation, as sales are not brisk enough here now to justify tolerating the manipulation.

I will say I consider eBid support the best in the industry. They did remove the first buyer, and refunded the fvf for one of the sales, that I did not get a chance to finish the fvf refund request, before eBid sacked them. The one I canceled in frustration, they did not refund (my bad). The second "buyer" who I suspected of trying to play me about not accepting PayPal also did not pay. I took them through eBid's tedious process of requesting a NPB fee refund, and received the fvf refund. So the system does work even when it is tedious.
    I take it back. And it's heartening to see that you make sales even without PayPal.

I thoroughly agree about eBid support, brilliant.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information