Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Do the view numbers get reset sometimes?

Question Do the view numbers get reset sometimes?

Hi,

the view numbers for my articles go up and down each day. The same item can have 15 views today, 12 tomorrow and then 17 the next day.

How is that possible?

Thanks

Default Re: Do the view numbers get reset sometimes?

The views on most of my listings seemed to be reset to 0 yesterday. Not the first time, and I'm not certain why. But, I've never put much stock in the view numbers anyway.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is an option in My eBid > My Defaults that you can select if you want view counts reset when a listing auto-reposts or not.

As Marie sez though, view counts on eBid are notoriously unreliable and you can't rely on them to give you any meaningful information. Some people use third party analytics or statistics, others simply don't care about view counts and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    There is an option in My eBid > My Defaults that you can select if you want view counts reset when a listing auto-reposts or not.

As Marie sez though, view counts on eBid are notoriously unreliable and you can't rely on them to give you any meaningful information. Some people use third party analytics or statistics, others simply don't care about view counts and the like.
    Mel, what happened on my listings yesterday wasn't because of auto-relist. The views just went back to zero. There were a few that didn't, but most did. I've had that happen before. Just one of those things.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the View count is going through Menopause

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I think the View count is going through Menopause
    Hopefully it doesn't last as long for women. It hasn't worked properly in the eight years I have been here, and as I doubt it was broken to welcome my arrival then longer than that. If it hasn't been fixed in that time (including several intervening site rebuilds) then I can't envisage that it will ever be fixed. Probably best to put it down as one of eBid's endearing little foibles.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Hopefully it doesn't last as long for women. It hasn't worked properly in the eight years I have been here, and as I doubt it was broken to welcome my arrival then longer than that. If it hasn't been fixed in that time (including several intervening site rebuilds) then I can't envisage that it will ever be fixed. Probably best to put it down as one of eBid's endearing little foibles.
    Hormone treatment might work

Forum Newbie
    View gal5759's Feedback (+1)
    All-About gal5759
    View gal5759's Listings
    Forum Posts

Most of mine have gone to "0" this morning. I actually use this number to determine if I want to keep this listing up or not. "0" views means no interest at all and I would more than likely not list it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gal5759 View Post
    Most of mine have gone to "0" this morning. I actually use this number to determine if I want to keep this listing up or not. "0" views means no interest at all and I would more than likely not list it again.
    Mine did too and it happens sometimes, as mentioned above. But I wouldn't totally delete a listing just because it had no views. You can always "park" it in your store as a RUS listing like I do with seasonal things like bathing suits or holiday items and then turn them back into auction format a few months before the season starts. In a category like Counted Cross Stitch patterns I usually run about a dozen in auction format and include in my description "I have many more patterns for sale in my store" and have a link so people can easily get to that section. That seems to work well, as the RUS patterns seem to get viewed often too.

Thread Information