Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Newsletter: No chance of winning?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Newsletter: No chance of winning?

If they don't want to give out prizes then they should just say so. From the April newsletter just released:

Incomplete entries will be automatically deleted. Closing date 10th April 2015. Email answers to competitions@ebid.net

Default Re: Newsletter: No chance of winning?

Noticed that. I thought I was just receiving the Newsletter late (it does not arrive every month) ... so deleted it
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    Noticed that. I thought I was just receiving the Newsletter late (it does not arrive every month) ... so deleted it
    I received my newsletter about an hour ago!

Received mine a few hours back...I assumed operator error owing to its being the April Newsletter and that May was intended as closing date. About two years or so ago I completed a cheque and dated it 1987...no idea why...

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    I assumed operator error owing to its being the April Newsletter and that May was intended as closing date.
    I did actually get that. Maybe I should have added a sarcasm smilie to the post.

Corrected in the copy on my site. Running it through a spell checker each month before sending it out might also be a good idea.

I just received my April newsletter today as well...the LAST day of April! And I can't enter the competition because closing date was 4/10.

This has happened many times. I am curious about why we get a newsletter so late in a month to begin with? It would be nice for these to be sent the first day of a month or the last day of the previous month. It just makes no sense!

And to offer a competition that one cannot enter is a little bit irritating. Might as well not offer it if all cannot participate.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I did actually get that. Maybe I should have added a sarcasm smilie to the post.

Corrected in the copy on my site. Running it through a spell checker each month before sending it out might also be a good idea.
    Sorry I did not detect sarcasm...assumed it was the voice of experience as often I do not receive the letter! As for spell checking - I have little faith there. I've noticed that several here in the UK use it so slavishly they end up accepting corrections to words that do not warrant correction, and that is without taking any account of the obvious deficiencies of the tool.

Ah well! It's an ill wind... I once received a number of badly spelled letters from a solicitor. Of course, he could spell but his secretary could not - and he was signing the letters without having read them. That was very pleasing - for me!

Thread Information