Thread: Bidders watching an item.

Forum Newbie
    Worcestershire, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View renscharms's Feedback (+88)
    All-About renscharms
    View renscharms's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bidders watching an item.

I do agree with your way of thinking as another point of view, which is why we have these forums so that the pros and cons can be weighed up.

I would like to just clarify that I dont think that an item should just be removed or price lowered. I just think having a watchers list is another tool for a seller, especially when listing a new type of item or if you are a new seller and dont know how a sight works or the type of buyers you get on a particular site.

For example, if I list a new item and there are little or no watchers (or views) and I only post to UK, I might consider postage to other destinations.
    If I list a new item and didnt include certain specifics in the title, and there were little or no watchers, I would include more detailed descriptions to see if this helped.

With regards to my previous selling experience. I used several different avenues, not just online, but do have my own website too. I have elected not to import my feedback from other sites as I dont think importing feedback helps me (and this is a personal opinion only) on this site. I think potential buyers want to see how good I as a seller on this site and not how I did elsewhere. When I first joined this site I wondered why so many had imported there feedback, for me it was a possible indication that the seller was no longer selling on other sites as they may have been kicked off. Obviously I now know that alot of sellers here were, like me, not happy with the stupidly high fees on other sites but as I was not familiar with the site (and there are many out there like me) it did worry me.

To have a watchers list or not??? I think there are pros and cons and if each were listed I wonder if it would be about even? I think that maybe it should be an optional addition and each seller then can decide if the think its beneficial themselves.

Have a great day!!!!

hi everyone , i have about fifteen items in my watchbox and i can tell you that if any one of them was lowered in price chances are very great i would buy that item , i have made offers on a few of the items even if there wasnt a make a offer box available, when i was selling on another site i really didnt watch too many items , i just bought what i wanted then and there , but its different for just a seller a different mind set , and knowing how many watchers i had on items did help in many areas , such as price and do i want to invest in a similar type item to sell again etc

Forum Newbie
    Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View Lyndajward71's Feedback (+649)
    All-About Lyndajward71
    View Lyndajward71's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just moved all my items over from feebay-they are now charging fees on postage and we are making a loss o lower value items.
    The watch list is incredibly useful to us as many of our items are buy it now and it gives us a good indication of what is likely to sell. Many will watch an item until payday. Please give us a watch list Ebid !

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stuffnnonsense1 View Post
    I have just moved all my items over from feebay-they are now charging fees on postage and we are making a loss o lower value items.
    The watch list is incredibly useful to us as many of our items are buy it now and it gives us a good indication of what is likely to sell. Many will watch an item until payday. Please give us a watch list Ebid !
    A watch list means NOTHING here .. this is eBid a vast miniature of huge feebay.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

On the other side I am selling 2 expensive items at way below cost price. Both were listed for a month on Buy it now/make an offer. On my banjo I had 15 watchers but even though I lowered my price by £100 - no bids. A ring valued at £450 was on sale at £120 with 22 watchers on the final day I was made an offer of £40 and still no bids so the amount of watchers doesnt always mean a sale
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sometimes do put items on my watch list when I would like to buy it but don't have the funds and hopefully they will still be available when I do
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

This thread started a year ago. my imput would be yes it would be nice to see who is following the auction and that others could see as well as that does a psychological peeks interest . I am curious though how large internally is ebid, like how may employees do they have and are they all based in the uk ?
    Last edited by KansasCityTreasure; 4th August 2014 at 05:54 PM.
    http://kansas-city-treasures.ebid.net/

Thread Information