Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: shipping info mainly currency conversions

All-About neil41501
    View neil41501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default shipping info mainly currency conversions

I am a new seller on ebid, but 1 thing all sites seem to lack is a currency conversion chart, granted I know it might be hard to format as I don't know what it would need, but I do think it would be a big plus for ebid, simply because it can be so time consuming to find, what it would do is help buyers know if they could pay this amount before entering into obligations and being a much more difficult issue for everyon in the end, plus a form of information on shipping so we would understand the difficulties shipping wise to different countries or continents, thanks very much for allowing this I do hope it'll be slightly helpful

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: shipping info mainly currency conversions

I use exchangerate.com when I need to do some conversions. Top left corner is "CURRENCY CALCULATOR" so select the currencies and click on "convert currency" directly underneath.

Like yourselves, I use this to check out what our shipping prices will be in other currencies but not much we can do about prices really when it is the postal services that keep increasing costs year on year due to a greater global demand in parcel shipments and airmail is always going to be expensive regardless of anything as the more weight on a plane, the more fuel it needs to get it off the ground and keep it in the air and carriers are always facing rising taxes at airports for landing and whatnot...
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

All-About neil41501
    Forum Posts

like myself I am trying to figure out about sending worldwide or whats listed im so unsure of cost effectiveness and if it would be economically sound for me, but I cant figure out why ebids set up we have give shipping cos if we are unsure of what would be to send here, or there and all that I get the point but I think we should just be able to leave it at calculate with no actual shipping rates, it wont alow me to do that and I don't know what rates I can put and be fair for buyers as its one main factor buyers look into, I know your probably just as unsure on some points as I am but it's just slightly confusing knowing where I can afford to ship because not knowing how much

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neil41501 View Post
    like myself I am trying to figure out about sending worldwide or whats listed im so unsure of cost effectiveness and if it would be economically sound for me, but I cant figure out why ebids set up we have give shipping cos if we are unsure of what would be to send here, or there and all that I get the point but I think we should just be able to leave it at calculate with no actual shipping rates, it wont alow me to do that and I don't know what rates I can put and be fair for buyers as its one main factor buyers look into, I know your probably just as unsure on some points as I am but it's just slightly confusing knowing where I can afford to ship because not knowing how much
    I cannot advise on shipping rates from USA.
    As I see it, what you need to do is decide which carrier you are going to use to send your items. They should be able to give you a list of their charges. You also need to look into how a carrier deals with loss or non-delivery. eBid cannot do this for you. Once you have decided this you can give a price for shipping to wherever you decide where you are prepared to ship to. It is up to the buyer whether they are prepared to pay the going rate for shipping. It is not a matter of where you can afford to ship, it is a matter for the buyer to decide, but only if you give them the chance. If your items all (or mostly) fall into a single weight or size category as determined by your choice of carrier, you can automate this in eBid so that you don't have to enter your rates every time you list. Details are in the help section. I've done it for my sales but can't remember the details now.

All-About neil41501
    Forum Posts

yes I know this, but being limited to shipping options such as usps stop tracking after leaving states, and ive no global shipping in my area I only have ups, and fedex and usps, but my towns very small so does make a very serious problem for me as on ebid ive no us global shipping center like other site that's where I am trying to figure the difference on my end and be equally fair for everyone thanks for input do appreciate very much

Thread Information