Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: eBid should get rid of the Featured Listing and Frontpage Listing

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

1 33.33%

Thread: Listing Exposure

Forum Lurker
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View RetailOnline's Feedback (+20)
    All-About RetailOnline
    View RetailOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Listing Exposure

Hi, Ebidders

I think that eBid should get of the Featured Listing and the Front Page listing as this reduces the visibility of all our listings which this could be one of the reasons why we don't make as much sales as we could.

Please share your thoughts about this

Thanks

MegaBargains

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listing Exposure

Very rarely visit the front page so not an issue. I don't think such listings are value for money to the seller anyway - but their choice.

No issue with featured listings, sellers pay a premium for the extra exposure. Every seller has the choice to use it. Again, I am unsure of the value generally, though there are instances where it can make economic sense.

So, the first I don't care about and the second I have no objection to.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listing Exposure

Never really thought about the front page listings or featured listing impacting vsibility. Have given much thought to the level of sales here, visibility, why some sellers are selling and many are not, why some seller's buyers are left alone and other seller's buyers are not; why some sellers get high visibility of their items and others do not.

Have been looking at various factors that should produce sales, but they are not producing sales. Have also been looking at some factors that seem to be producing sales for some but not generally. If this sounds a bit weird, maybe that's because it is a bit weird.

Will not go through the laundry lists of "to dos" to improve sales here. If you have been in the forums for at least a month you've seen them.

List more, use social networking, keywords, plug you listings, lower your prices, bring your customers and associates here, be patient............

List more: I have been doing this and plan to continue. It has not improved visibility or sales. After listing almost 30 items, the only item I saw come up as a "new listing" was 1 reposted item.

Use Social Networking to promote your listings and sales: I have been doing this and my views on listings have increased, but no sales.

Keywords:
    I think I use adequate keywords in my titles and descriptions, but I could be wrong.

Plug Your Items & Stores: I do this and I get tons of view but few or no sales.

Lower your prices: Hhhhhmmmm..................beginning to sound a bit like a very well known monopoly venue. I will pass, thank you.

Bring Your Customers and Associates here
    : I would absolutely love to, but I have an uneasy feeling about the reception. I would feel personally responsible if they were selected for data shake down (account validation). And besides that, they may not be able to buy from me anyway, if they get the friendly scratch through.

Promote eBid: I would love to do that, but what if I brought in customers and I'm not visible. They would be seeing the sellers who have visibility. I have even seen the lack of visibility happen when multiple items had bids on them. Explain that.

Be Patient: I think I have been patient. I'm still here as an active Seller + Lifetime Member.

With all that said, I do not think that getting rid of the front page or featured listings is going to help sales. Rarely look at it.

Thread Information