My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A Spectacular way to install Ninja Lister

Default A Spectacular way to install Ninja Lister

As part of my effort to get back to where I was with ebid just over a year ago, I made a quick list of 20 or so items using notepad.

I already had Ninja Lister installed on a laptop with Windows 7 64 bit, so started it up in order to examine it and see its potential. Well, at least I tried to start it!

Up leapt a notice informing me I needed the new version, 1.13 I think. I downloaded this only to discover I needed a new version of Adobe Air. Fair enough, only to be expected I suppose. I removed the old version of Air, cleared the cache and installed the new version. Ninja Lister would not install. B y now the air was blue (not the Air!) I removed both installers, cleared cache and did a quick edit of the registry. Then I tried again. Nothing!! By now it was about 1 am so I decided to go to bed.

The following morning, I tried again using what tricks I know - and managed to crash Windows. "Oh deary me!" I said. The problem was not the MBR so I checked the earliest date on my windows files (using Debian Linux on a flash drive) and decided to do a complete reinstall. I backed up the laptop drive to another, wiped the internal drive and did a complete reinstall of Windows, adding a few essentials; this hqs, of course, taken a few days. Adobe Air and Ninja Lister
    have been installed and...yes...it works!!!

What does this mean? Well it means simply that I was late doing a complete spring clean of the system and brought on this spectacular event all by myself.

I know full well that as I reinstall software as it is needed, I'll find in about 6 months' time that I have not reinstalled half the software I'd thought might be useful someday, and that clutter was the real problem, not Ninja Lister nor Adobe Air! I often warn others about this..."cobbler's children"?

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: A Spectacular way to install Ninja Lister

Ha - know just what you mean as I had a new PC for Christmas with Windows 8 and have gradually installed software as and when I need them. Then I look at what is on my old XP machine ....................

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31695)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry your Ninja turned turtle.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    Sorry your Ninja turned turtle.

ROFL!! Very good! (I shall save that one up)

Thread Information