Thread: Visible Listed Payments for buyers

Forum Newbie
    View GoGrabItNOW's Feedback (+20)
    All-About GoGrabItNOW
    View GoGrabItNOW's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Visible Listed Payments for buyers

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help. I only accept PPPay and before Googlecheckout but some how the buyer was able to have choice to pay me with credit card. I can not accept this payment but ebid is not helping me. The order is now marked as payment sent from the buyer. I have not received any payment and all ebid are telling me is to go a sort it out with my payment provider as they don't get involved.

So this means that if I only accept PPPay a buyer can click on PayPal and to ebid payment has been made.
    Does anyone have any problems with this too.

Also ebid believes that I am just avoiding paying fees which they will take anyway

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Visible Listed Payments for buyers

A link to the listing in question, or a listing id number, would help (otherwise it is like me asking you why my car wouldn't start yesterday - not enough information provided for a helpful answer).

Your question is confusing anyway. One moment you are talking about being paid by credit card, the next you are going on about PayPal and PPPay.

If the buyer says they have paid and you say they have not, then open a Payment Not Received Dispute from the listing's After Sale Log.

If I am reading the Q & A on the listing correctly the buyer has paid through pppay using their credit card........... why can you not accept this if the payment has been made through pppay?

Cosmic sale at £775.00

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    If I am reading the Q & A on the listing correctly the buyer has paid through pppay using their credit card........... why can you not accept this if the payment has been made through pppay?
    I often wonder how you discover transaction details when the user does not provide information to do so.

Anyroads, sounds like a PPPay verification issue (which is why I and many other sellers don't use it).

If the buyer pays via PPPay, and it is the first time they have used it, they have to verify their card before the payment is collectable by the seller.

If the buyer has not verified their card then the situation in the OP exists - the buyer thinks they have paid, the seller thinks they haven't.

The buyer needs to read: https://www.pppay.com/help_centre.php?mo=send#6

If you are right about the amount, then there may be account type transaction restrictions coming into play (I haven't checked the figures), so really BOTH parties need to carefully read the help files on PPPay.
    Last edited by astral276; 10th July 2013 at 08:42 AM.

Thread Information