My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Tried to UPDATE Run Until Sold Auction and it was DELETED

Exclamation Tried to UPDATE Run Until Sold Auction and it was DELETED

I've put in a ticket but this is ridiculous. I went to upload additional pictures and text for one of my run until sold auctions. I previewed the listing and then 'saved changes'. I then went to my listings page and the listing was CLOSED. Nice of the system to update the listing and then automatically close it, huh?! What gives? Every simple operation shouldn't end this way. I hope they fix this soon as this was the only popular auction (view-wise) I had going.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tried to UPDATE Run Until Sold Auction and it was DELETED

Hi, and welcome to eBid. Sorry you are having difficulty with your listing. If it says "closed", it has not been deleted (gone). Go into your "auctions I ran" section (top left); click on the auction; click on "Repost Auction/Listing"; and you can make the changes you want. Make sure to click on "Preview/Repost Button" at bottom right of page.

Hello,
    Thanks for your response. I know the listing hasn't been deleted. The issue with reposting is that I don't want to:

1) Lose the number of views the original listing had
    2) Be charged again

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Hi, and welcome to eBid. Sorry you are having difficulty with your listing. If it says "closed", it has not been deleted (gone). Go into your "auctions I ran" section (top left); click on the auction; click on "Repost Auction/Listing"; and you can make the changes you want. Make sure to click on "Preview/Repost Button" at bottom right of page.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Support will probably wave any additional fee in this case. I would wait to hear back from them. Ask specifically if it is not mentioned. As far as "the number of views".......IMHO "views" may make you feel better, but they add nothing to your bottom line. I would prefer low views and bid(s) or a successful sale. I believe you would prefer that also, to a ton of views and no sales. As a matter of fact a ton of views and no sales is very aggravating to me. But, each to his own I suspect.

Support doesn't seem to understand the problem. My listing was a RUN UNTIL SOLD multiple item auction and I'm getting a reply that since I sold ONE item the auction ended. They're not understanding the RUS multi-item format or the fact that the auction was open/live/running until I updated it. I hope they get this fixed as it's really discouraging. I drummed up views via outside links back to this website. Time and effort shouldn't be wasted like this. If I get another response by someone who's not even READING or understanding the issue I'm not going to bother wasting anymore energy.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Support will probably wave any additional fee in this case. I would wait to hear back from them. Ask specifically if it is not mentioned. As far as "the number of views".......IMHO "views" may make you feel better, but they add nothing to your bottom line. I would prefer low views and bid(s) or a successful sale. I believe you would prefer that also, to a ton of views and no sales. As a matter of fact a ton of views and no sales is very aggravating to me. But, each to his own I suspect.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by espressoandbling View Post
    I've put in a ticket but this is ridiculous. I went to upload additional pictures and text for one of my run until sold auctions. I previewed the listing and then 'saved changes'. I then went to my listings page and the listing was CLOSED. Nice of the system to update the listing and then automatically close it, huh?! What gives? Every simple operation shouldn't end this way. I hope they fix this soon as this was the only popular auction (view-wise) I had going.
    This is not a problem we have seen reported before. Can you give us a listing ID of the closed listing for us to investigate.

Has anyone else experienced a listing closing when the "Close" button is NOT clicked on the edit form?
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View selkab's Feedback (+1297)
    All-About selkab
    View selkab's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    This is not a problem we have seen reported before. Can you give us a listing ID of the closed listing for us to investigate.

Has anyone else experienced a listing closing when the "Close" button is NOT clicked on the edit form?
    I have seen this also on a multiple item where I had 2 listed for 7 days with 10 reposts, one sold and the other was closed by eBid about a month later.

item number 46150392 originally listed 2012 feb 27, one sold 2012 nov 02 second item was closed by eBid 2012 dec 01 I relisted it as item # 82526879 on Dec 01.

87246310 is the ID .The text and pictures I added were updated (see time date "Added by the Seller on Sun 20 Jan 2013 17:10:06 (EST)") at the same time the auction was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Last edited by espressoandbling; 21st January 2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: time added

I just checked and support stated that they aren't aware of any bugs and told me to repost (fees would be adjusted). I'll write my theory as to what happened. After choosing to edit the listing I uploaded photos and added additional text. Several options were not available since I'd already had one sale (i.e. I couldn't change original text). I noticed while I scrolled down the page that I could do little else but upload pictures. I previewed the listing quickly and then saved the changes. I immediately went to view my listings and didn't see the auction I'd just updated...it had been closed. I believe that the glitch happened when the system either automatically changed the quantity I was selling to one (and since 1 was sold closed it) or changed the format to a 7 day auction (and since 7 days had passed closed it.).

Again since I'd already sold one item I was not allowed to change anything dealing with time the auction ran and furthermore the only things I did were upload pictures and write additional text. It was originally a RUS multi-item with a quantity of 99. This is a glitch that needs to be acknowledged first and foremost and then fixed.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Checking into this.

Thx.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information