My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Duplicate Auction Charge - Tried to fix - Then additional charge

Question Duplicate Auction Charge - Tried to fix - Then additional charge

Hello, I listed my first auction and then within a couple minutes went to edit the title (it still had the floating bar with 'edit' or 'post now' options). Afterwards I saw that instead of editing the title another auction for the same item with an updated title was placed. Immediately after the second duplicate auction my account was restricted and I was asked to verify. I uploaded documents as well as imported feedback. I then put out a ticket requesting the deletion of the duplicate as well as a credit for the $2.50 duplicate charge. Before I received an answer my verification went through so I changed the duplicate auction for a sofa set. Later after adding 2 more auctions I checked my fees. I saw that I had been charged $2.50 for the duplicate and then $1 when I changed the duplicate to another category. So, I then go to the duplicate and delete it thinking that would refund the charge and solve the problem. All that did was delete the updated sofa auction and leave me with the same charges. I simply need my account credited for the $2.50 (duplicate) and $1 for the updated auction that was accidentally deleted. I sent out a second ticket requesting the account credit 6 hours ago but have not received a response as of yet.

I received a response within the first 30 minutes of initiating my first ticket so I am concerned that it's been several hours and no response regarding my credit. How long does it usually take to receive a response?
    Last edited by espressoandbling; 10th January 2013 at 01:08 AM.

Default Re: Duplicate Auction Charge - Tried to fix - Then additional charge

Quote Originally Posted by espressoandbling View Post
    Hello, I listed my first auction and then within a couple minutes went to edit the title (it still had the floating bar with 'edit' or 'post now' options). Afterwards I saw that instead of editing the title another auction for the same item with an updated title was placed. Immediately after the second duplicate auction my account was restricted and I was asked to verify. I uploaded documents as well as imported feedback. I then put out a ticket requesting the deletion of the duplicate as well as a credit for the $2.50 duplicate charge. Before I received an answer my verification went through so I changed the duplicate auction for a sofa set. Later after adding 2 more auctions I checked my fees. I saw that I had been charged $2.50 for the duplicate and then $1 when I changed the duplicate to another category. So, I then go to the duplicate and delete it thinking that would refund the charge and solve the problem. All that did was delete the updated sofa auction and leave me with the same charges. I simply need my account credited for the $2.50 (duplicate) and $1 for the updated auction that was accidentally deleted. I sent out a second ticket requesting the account credit 6 hours ago but have not received a response as of yet.

I received a response within the first 30 minutes of initiating my first ticket so I am concerned that it's been several hours and no response regarding my credit. How long does it usually take to receive a response?
    Please keep in mind the site admins and support personnel are on U.K. Time (Approximately G.M.T - Check the time of the post you just made and figure the difference between that time and your local time..)

It was made at around 5 AM GMT 6 Hours ago was going on Midnight U.K. Time, I'd imagine da boyz woulda been in bed and sound asleep by then. Considering we are GMT -0500 (East Coast) and West Coast is 3 hours later than that, 8 AM in London would be around midnight California time unless my math is off..

Ebid support is excellent - much more responsive (and understanding) than the "other" place so I imagine your ticket will be getting handled within the next couple hours (7 - 8 AM U.K. time) - just got to be patient and realize that support is on U.K. Time, - 8 hours or so ahead of California.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by espressoandbling View Post

There seems to be a bit of confusion here.
    The restriction on your account would have been because of the high value items listed.
    If you listed the auction & after two minutes the floating bar was still there,it hadn't actually been listed(submitted).
    The only $2.50 fee payable is the frontpage listing fee.The only $1.00 fee is the featured listing fee.There are no duplicate or updated auction fees.
    Perhaps this is why support haven't got back to you,they're just as confused.It may also be that their response has been sent to your junk mail folder by your email software.

Hello,
    The $2.50 was for a frontpage ad. The problem was the listing was duplicated (I was charged twice) and then the updated $1 ad was for a "featured" spot that was subsequently deleted. All was fixed at @ 1am PST. I'll be cognizant of the time difference in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    There seems to be a bit of confusion here.
    The restriction on your account would have been because of the high value items listed.
    If you listed the auction & after two minutes the floating bar was still there,it hadn't actually been listed(submitted).
    The only $2.50 fee payable is the frontpage listing fee.The only $1.00 fee is the featured listing fee.There are no duplicate or updated auction fees.
    Perhaps this is why support haven't got back to you,they're just as confused.It may also be that their response has been sent to your junk mail folder by your email software.
    Last edited by espressoandbling; 10th January 2013 at 01:09 AM.

Thread Information