My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can't enter product information for a new book listing

Default Can't enter product information for a new book listing

Something has gone wrong in the editor when adding a book. When eBid asks for the product information after the new book listing has been created, it doesn't save the information that I enter, and it doesn't give an error message. Everything gets discarded. I even tried exiting completely from eBid, coming back in, bringing up the listing, and entering it again. Nope. I double checked on other sites and this IS the correct ISBN for this edition.

This listing ID number is 86162888. Take a look and you can see there is nothing entered. Since ISBNs appear to be very important to both buyers and sellers, I think this needs attention as soon as possible.

The other books that I added were already in eBid's data base and the ISBN brought up all the product information that had been entered by someone else.

I just tried again, one more time, and just wasted some more of my time.

Default Re: Can't enter product information for a new book listing

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Something has gone wrong in the editor when adding a book. When eBid asks for the product information after the new book listing has been created, it doesn't save the information that I enter, and it doesn't give an error message. Everything gets discarded. I even tried exiting completely from eBid, coming back in, bringing up the listing, and entering it again. Nope. I double checked on other sites and this IS the correct ISBN for this edition.

This listing ID number is 86162888. Take a look and you can see there is nothing entered. Since ISBNs appear to be very important to both buyers and sellers, I think this needs attention as soon as possible.

The other books that I added were already in eBid's data base and the ISBN brought up all the product information that had been entered by someone else.

I just tried again, one more time, and just wasted some more of my time.

Try sticking 978 before that number.

This is the ISBN (the only thing it will save)

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    This is the ISBN (the only thing it will save)

The book industry changed the ISBN codes a few years ago from 10 digit to 13 digits. To update the codes from 10 to 13 the prefix of 978 can be entered to make 13 digits and fit in with the industry standard id for books.

I may be wrong on that - but I seem to remember its something like that...

I get this book up on Google or Bing if I enter the 13 digit code (the one starting with 978) or the code in the listing. So the problem is not the ISBN. It's correct.

I've entered the product information many times before for books with no trouble, so I KNOW this is a new bug.

ISBN 9780307215253 is in the product information now
    ISBN 0-307-21525-3 (from the book leaf) gets converted to this number
    Both
    numbers find the correct edition of the correct book on Bing and Google

eBid still asks me to fill in the product information when I look at the listing. If I enter only the title, it tells me to select the Genre. But it will not save even those two pieces.

I'm going to try closing and relisting it tomorrow unless support fixes it in the meantime.

I closed this listing and let it sit for a while hoping the pixie dust might filter out. Then reposted it. Then let it sit overnight so the gremlins would go away. Went in just now, tried entering the Product Information again. It worked.

Well . . . it took all the information that I entered, but it did change the title a bit. Copied everything from my title line and put it in the title line in the Product Information.

1977 Book Trixie Belden #2 "The Red Trailer Mystery" by Julie Campbell VF/NM

Good grief! So then I had to go back and change the title to ONLY "The Red Trailer Mystery"

In case support wants to look at the listing and try to figure out this bug the new item ID number is 86754844

Another problem - How are you updating the increased California Sales Tax Rate?

Thread Information