eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An easy way to get massive Free Publicity !

Default Re: An easy way to get massive Free Publicity !

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Hi mjs,
    Perhaps you would like to join in eBids monthly charitable auction. It's called YDC - Your Donation Counts.
    Here are items for this months charity, a sensory garden for children with physical or mental disabilities.
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...h&type=keyword

Last month we raised a fantastic amount for the folk who were affected by the Colorado fires - http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...ther-Charities

We run the charity auction every month (except December) 24th - 28th of each month. Here are some stats for you.
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...7453-YDC-Stats

Why not join in, the more the merrier, and - it's great fun trying to protect your bids!

(Edited to say that you don't have to support the nominated charity - you can list items for any charity of your own choice.)
    The charity auctions are great, and I will participate myself before long, just need to pay the bills first.

While they are doing great work as it is, could they not be better used for publicity both for eBid and the auctions. Once again it would need somebody with the time, but maybe a facebook page, twitter, getting them mentioned on blogs, publicising the amount raised for charity. All those things could attract attention to raise more for the selected charities and raise the profile of eBid.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: An easy way to get massive Free Publicity !

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    The charity auctions are great, and I will participate myself before long, just need to pay the bills first.

While they are doing great work as it is, could they not be better used for publicity both for eBid and the auctions. Once again it would need somebody with the time, but maybe a facebook page, twitter, getting them mentioned on blogs, publicising the amount raised for charity. All those things could attract attention to raise more for the selected charities and raise the profile of eBid.
    There are quite a few folk on eBid who already plug for eBid and the Charity Auctions on a regular basis via Facebook & Twitter etc and have done for quite a while. Everyone is always welcome to join in the YDC so hopefully you will soon catch up with the bills & not miss out on the fun for long!
    (ps, if you hear rumours during YDC that I am a Plotting Penguin, or anything else nefarious, believe me I am nothing compared to the Squirrel or the Chicken you will encounter in the YDC lol!!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information