eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ebid.com Gaaza

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid.com Gaaza

As ebid gets bigger, then the courts etc would side with them, as happened in some US court cases.

I mean any one would see that ebid stands for "electronic bidding" not "parking for domain names" that you think will be valuable later on.

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    As ebid gets bigger, then the courts etc would side with them, as happened in some US court cases.

I mean any one would see that ebid stands for "electronic bidding" not "parking for domain names" that you think will be valuable later on.

Not so sure about that. As far as I know eBid.com was registered before eBid (UK) ever existed.

It wasn't registered because he thought it would become valuable later. It was registered because he thought (and was proved right) that it was valuable then. And it still is, it seems.

You can find the owners blog, and on that there's a page specifically about the history of eBid.com

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post

‘’babe’’ you’re most of time post ‘’mysterious’’ thinking and threads….well...you even beat ‘’me’’ on that…but I am only one for ‘’now’’ who is in your side…for all other yours ‘’fans’’ you’re know answer…...

P.S. Go back for my real job...''gladly'' I am not yet ''retired''...so...not much ''free'' time for me...

Default Forget eBid.com How about Ebid.NET Gazza!

I realize this is an old thread and even older issue, but I feel pretty strongly about this ... I believe in what Gazza and Mark are trying to accomplish here and I want to see it succeed on a grand scale. So... someone who's opinions matter, Please hear me out!

I think it is a huge marketing mistake for the multitude of products, link images and logos for eBid to leave out the "dot net." Because we aren't ebid.com, the ".NET" is a critically important and necessary part of the brand name! We simply don't have the luxury of trying to create a household brand while leaving out that critically necessary part of the name. Creating advertising (tshirts, logo's items, etc) for eBid without including the NET is the *exact same thing* as creating free advertising for the owner of ebid.com. We downplay the Net ...when we need to be shouting it.

Because we aren't telling them otherwise, millions of potential new users are typing in dot-com, seeing that guy's fake site, then giving up after assuming eBid is a scam of some kind. People have posted on the web asking if we are legit, saying they'd heard about eBid, but when they looked at the site it was just a link page. A vast majority of dollars spent promoting this website are literally wasted because people are being left to assume ...and they are assuming wrong.

Some in this thread have suggested changing the name to take advantage of one that uses a dot-com domain. I'm suggesting that instead of changing the name, embrace the name you chose. Emphasize the NET. Flaunt it. Make it part of the vernacular. Change the strategy. Make it part of the advertising. Heck, maybe even make a net part of the logo. "Catch some Great Deals with The NET! eBid-dot-Net." Put it *everywhere*.

If you want everyone to know your name is Michael J. Fox, you put it on everything you own and everything you do. Not Michael J. ...someone might mistake you for a pop singer or a basketball player. Because the last thing a company should want is to let some slimeball domain-shark steal the credit for all of your hard work and advertising dollars.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Forget eBid.com How about Ebid.NET Gazza!

Quote Originally Posted by wizeguy101 View Post
    I .....millions of potential new users are typing in dot-com, seeing that guy's fake site,.......
    Firstly ebid.com is not a fake site.

Secondly I think you will find that dot com is not as critical as you seem to believe.

Just look at the search results for ebid as displayed by Google.

My point is that I think that people search by Domain Name without the extension.
    Last edited by MPS16; 23rd January 2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Are you suggesting it's a legitimate bidding website? It is fake, in that it pretends to be anything more than a traffic counter for the person who owns it.

And yes I'm well aware that typing "ebid" by itself into a *search window* will point you to us, rightfully and thankfully so! But we're not talking about doing a google search. This entire thread is talking about how people are typing the address directly (and incorrectly), and how to overcome the very real habit, of Americans especially, to assume a website is ".com" unless told otherwise. It's what gets ebid.com thousands more hits per day than we get. Even Webstore.com put the ".com" in their logo, to remove ambiguity.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Th thing is that we don't know if ebid has tried to buy it from them.
    Or if the price is just too high.

(its their business and they dont have to tell us)

That is why many of us are using the term "ebid.net" when ever we talk about ebid.

I found EBID very easy and if i can anyone can,
    I cant see how this massive cost will bring more people here, was told last week its because Ebid doesant have an App what will it be next week.

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    I found EBID very easy and if i can anyone can,
    I cant see how this massive cost will bring more people here, was told last week its because Ebid doesant have an App what will it be next week.
    Exactly. The site keeps attracting more and more sellers and buyers, so obviously it isn't that hard to find.

My new buyers find us on the search engines, and once they're here, I wonder how many of them even know what the extension is. Or care.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

And if someone wants to join ebid they will know that it is one of the biggest sites in the world and will spend more than 1 minute tying to find it if they cant find it first time.

Thread Information