My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lifetime Membership Sign-up Needs CLEAR Disclosure of Final Value Fees

Default Re: Lifetime Membership Sign-up Needs CLEAR Disclosure of Final Value Fees

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Me either.
    I'm guessing it was marketed differently back when you folks signed up

Default Re: Lifetime Membership Sign-up Needs CLEAR Disclosure of Final Value Fees

When i first joined i paid a monthly fee, back then we had to do invoices manually through Paypal, when the one of fee came we could credit our monthly fees paid against it, so was a no brainer for me.
    The site has improved hugely last few years but think in UK will always be the no2 to Ebay.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizeguy101 View Post
    Only thing that remains to be seen is how long it will take to for the investment to break even once I give it my full commitment.
    That depends on what you sell.
    One dollar post cards or $500 laptops! or $10,000 antiques.

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Selling mainly sportscards and sports memorabilia,when I first joined a ways back it took a while,I first had to find my way around the site,see how things ran differently then I was accustomed to,read and asked for all the help I could get,started listing items daily for a few weeks in that time emailing my buyers telling them I could now afford to offer the 50 cent card they had to pay 1$ for somewhere else,now for 15 cents my sales started and within a month I made my fee back and then some

I took some time away but have just recently reopened my 5 stores and am again contacting old buyers,sending out flyers in sold items emailing our old walk in clients etc etc and once I have enough variety stocked I expect the same result,more I have to offer more chance I have to sell,the work is time consuming but headache free in the end as I don't have to worry about the next fee hike or such.

I will load up my stores and slowly build back my sales,listing about 100-150 items a day but if it works out like the last time well worth it,I had(have)4-5 good buyers that can make my month with a purchase,just need to get the items up

Good luck to you,hope you find the sales come to you sooner rather than later but regardless you just got to keep plugging away at it for it to even become viable

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizeguy101 View Post
    I'm guessing it was marketed differently back when you folks signed up
    Yup, it was different, I payed $79.99 seller+ lifetime (reduced from $129.99) back then. Even then it was a bargain compared to what I was forking out over at Ebay.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Me either.
    or me

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like I say already…eBid it is very good selling venue and life time membership is really small amount to pay for that, and now questions is if you invest first large amount of the money in your selling items or not…?...and if you are in hurry to recover that your investing money…and if you answer ‘’yes’’ believe me you will be looking only where you can find most of buyers’ not sellers’ only buyers’…but if you answer ‘’no’’ any auction site or selling venue or selling platform will suits you perfect…so is up to you...I wish you good luck.......

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Like I say already…eBid it is very good selling venue and life time membership is really small amount to pay for that, and now questions is if you invest first large amount of the money in your selling items or not…?...and if you are in hurry to recover that your investing money…and if you answer ‘’yes’’ believe me you will be looking only where you can find most of buyers’ not sellers’ only buyers’…but if you answer ‘’no’’ any auction site or selling venue or selling platform will suits you perfect…so is up to you...I wish you good luck.......
    Dont you think most sellers are also buyers.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Dont you think most sellers are also buyers.
    O yea…that’s true but depends where you selling own items….a sample on eBay I don’t find many sellers’ who buy from me and who have listed items on eBay now not before…I check the buyer and in 99% is only ‘’the buyer’’ with no listed items ever no feedback likes the seller only feedback likes the buyer…but again you are right ‘’most seller’s are also the buyers’’…BUT depend where you selling own items, thanks for your reply ‘’baghag’’…...

Thread Information