Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How about SN share buttons for eBid help topics?

Lightbulb How about SN share buttons for eBid help topics?

Hi Gazza/Mark,

Just a thought but it would be very handy to use social network share buttons within each help topic so it can be shared instantly with new members and complete strangers out there in the ether? The buttons would have to be linked to anchored points on each webpage so that each topic could be singled out. New people out there might be curious when seeing the help topic "Can I really list for free?" and come in for a nose. For those of us who are pushing hard to promote ebid on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ this would be a great facility to have. Any thoughts people?

The X's for possible placement????

Name:  Help SN_1024x415.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  93.8 KB
    Last edited by lodegrundrunner; 21st January 2012 at 01:42 PM.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How about SN share buttons for eBid help topics?

I don't follow the reasoning. Under what circumstances would you actually wish to share a help page? If somebody asks a question, a link pasted to the place where they're asking is the way to go, surely? I don't see how or where one would just shove random help pages out into the ether.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I don't follow the reasoning. Under what circumstances would you actually wish to share a help page? If somebody asks a question, a link pasted to the place where they're asking is the way to go, surely? I don't see how or where one would just shove random help pages out into the ether.
    I see your point Kim. Yes,links to the exact # location will do fine for forum assists and general member queries but there are certain help topics which could be expanded and shared globally. My reason for including them all is that it might be easier for the coding side of things but that's another days work. Certain help topics could be highlighted as beneficial for sharing. Example: Can I really list for free? There are plenty of others.

I just wanted to highlight the fact that there don't seem to be too many eBid website articles here that can be shared explaining the benefits of joining at the click of a share button. If you open a webpage your point may be lost on the new visitor but if a small section is highlighted then maybe their attention may be grabbed. Other sites are well able to give mission statements and promote themselves on their pages as they see fit. My suggestion could be completely dismissed here but maybe someone might think of something else along the same lines and offer a better suggestion. We are just bouncing around ideas in this thread.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    .. maybe someone might think of something else along the same lines and offer a better suggestion. We are just bouncing around ideas in this thread.
    Fairy Nuff.

Thread Information